+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wtd: cheap A/V amp

I'm Steve.

Default Wtd: cheap A/V amp

For my 75 yr old father in law. His fancy onkyo job has gone bang a few weeks ago . He's currently in hospital and looks like he'll be house bound for a few weeks while he recuperates. I'd like to have it all installed for when he gets out in a couple of weeks. He uses a kef egg speaker system so we don' need anything high end and cheap as possible is Good as I'm a soppy sod and I'm paying for it.*

Easy to use would also be a bonus as the onkyo used to result in the odd drawn out telephone conersation when it changed settings (on its own!) etc 😁

Thanks

I'm Alex.

The old Arcam ones come up on eBay dirt cheap. perfect if you don't require HDMI switching.

I'm Anto.

I have a boxed Technics that I wanted to find a new home for !!
    Not sure of the model ,but I wanted a cd player and he had a Denon CD player with remote /boxed too and 2 Mission speakers and a NAD tuner and this Technics amp! So I had all of it as a job lot!
    I already had a bigger Technics amp
    It has the remote ,I have checked its working fine and it comes in its original box too , albeit a bit well worn (the box) . I think its 45 Watt per channel.
    Very clean and tidy .

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li.../su-a700.shtml

PM me if its any use and we can have a chat . Have I got to mention a price , mods ???
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Jules.

Default Couple of questions?

Steve, I've got a couple of av amps that might fit the bill.

What colour would he prefer, silver or black?

Does he need HDMI?

If not how does he want to connect to it?

I he wants HDMI I've got a minty Onkyo 605 in black. Original packaging, remote, setup mic & manuals. Only has a couple of HDMI inputs but sounds great.

If HDMI isn't required I have a Yamaha RX-V1600 Titanium. It has HDMI, but it's not working (like that when I got it). Everything else works perfectly. It comes with a couple of remotes, but not much else. I may have a manual, or can probably print one off, but TBH it's a lot easier than the Onkyo. Highend battleship build & sound. Weighs an absolute ton. Looks & sounds wonderful.

I'd be looking for £65 inclusive for either. I could sort out pics if you're interested.

I'm Anto.

Sorry , I didnt see you wanted an AV amp. Mine isnt of course
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Steve, I've got a couple of av amps that might fit the bill.

What colour would he prefer, silver or black?

Does he need HDMI?

If not how does he want to connect to it?

I he wants HDMI I've got a minty Onkyo 605 in black. Original packaging, remote, setup mic & manuals. Only has a couple of HDMI inputs but sounds great.

If HDMI isn't required I have a Yamaha RX-V1600 Titanium. It has HDMI, but it's not working (like that when I got it). Everything else works perfectly. It comes with a couple of remotes, but not much else. I may have a manual, or can probably print one off, but TBH it's a lot easier than the Onkyo. Highend battleship build & sound. Weighs an absolute ton. Looks & sounds wonderful.

I'd be looking for £65 inclusive for either. I could sort out pics if you're interested.
    Hi Jules, the Onkyo could be perfect. I'll drop you a pm.

+ Reply to Thread