+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonearm rewire

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Oliver, have you compared the KAB stuff to, say, the standard Cardas wire? The latter is available to me locally for a good price, and I can have it on hand in a day. I can also get 1877 brand (Elecaudio product), which is a bit more expensive. But if the KAB is worth waiting for, then I could try to be patient

Cheers,
    Svend
    I have and to me there isn't a lot in it. If you can pick up the Cardas locally then go for it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Svend.

Well, if the sound quality is more or less similar, and thickness/fineness is good on both, then Cardas is certainly easier to get. There's a great little shop run by very nice people not far from me that has a lot of DIY cable stuff, and I will need DIN connectors, etc., as well. (shop is Take Five Audio, for any Canadians reading this). I like to support local merchants as much as possible.

Thanks again Oliver. You've been most helpful!

Best,
    Svend

Bigman80 Guest

No worries at all! Glad I could help. I'll look forward to the pics of the completed project.

Bigman80 Guest

Ps, the superflex will be better in terms of resistance to movement, the Cardas I had was quite stiff but I suffered no resistance. From it. Tonally they are very similar and deservedly popular.

I'm Svend.

Good to know. I'm going to call Take Five and get their take on this. They may have a nice fine wire that sounds great and is easy to work with too...We'll see, and I'll let you know...

And yes, I will post some pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12