+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where next with my system?

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Well i couldn't resist and i've gone and ordered a Jico SAS Neo styli for my SC35C! This will have the sapphire cantilever rather than the ruby! It's been an itch i've wanted to scratch for awhile so i hope it's something i will like! Anyone used their new SAS styli yet? How did you find it?
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

The SAS is currently in the hands of customs, so waiting impatiently for that to get to me. What would be the charges on an item costing $150?

In the meantime i have managed to bag myself a second Paradigm Servo 15 sub I have wanted to have two subs for awhile and am very excited to finally get another. Knowing how good one of these subs is, has got me waiting in anticipation with having two of these bad boys in the chain
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm James.

Always wanted two subs, even though (when I use it) mine crosses at <50hz. Keep us updated please

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It was always my aim to have true stereo full range. I cross mine over at about 70-80Hz so i can give the mid-range good space to breathe. Helps that the sub and speakers have been designed from the outset together, with them both using the same amps. Also the sub is sealed and servo controlled so is very agile and blends really well with the speakers.

Will keep you posted.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    The SAS is currently in the hands of customs, so waiting impatiently for that to get to me. What would be the charges on an item costing $150?

In the meantime i have managed to bag myself a second Paradigm Servo 15 sub I have wanted to have two subs for awhile and am very excited to finally get another. Knowing how good one of these subs is, has got me waiting in anticipation with having two of these bad boys in the chain
    Vat will be about £22 on that and the brokerage charge for collecting it depends on who will be delivering, anywhere from £5-15.

I'm Mike.

Default Where next with my system?

The postage gets added the overall cost when calculating the taxes. So 3.5% import tax added to the overall cost including postage then 20% vat on that total, then I would expect about £8-£12 collection.

Without adding in the postage I think it will be about £150 all in.

I'm Grant.

I'd say about £40. Rip off but that's the model
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Very keen to hear how you go with the Jico SAS stylus on the SC35C, having been turned on to it by Petrat I’m a big fan of this cartridge. To get the best out of it in stock form you need a heavy headshell I have it in a massive Fidelity Research one that weighs 32g (SPU weight) all up and tracking at 5g (fine for a conical). It sounds awesome. The Jico should allow you to get much more out of it at a lesser VTF and less overall mass. A rare hifi bargain.

I have a standard Jico on one of my Shure M3Ds and prefer it over the NOS stylus I also have. A B&O SP1 makes up a trio for me of early low compliance MM designs that stand up surprisingly well against exhaulted and expensive MCs.

I do wish Jico would find an EU based distributor though. The cheap ones can more than double in price by the time you bring them over.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Very keen to hear how you go with the Jico SAS stylus on the SC35C, having been turned on to it by Petrat I’m a big fan of this cartridge. To get the best out of it in stock form you need a heavy headshell I have it in a massive Fidelity Research one that weighs 32g (SPU weight) all up and tracking at 5g (fine for a conical). It sounds awesome. The Jico should allow you to get much more out of it at a lesser VTF and less overall mass. A rare hifi bargain.

I have a standard Jico on one of my Shure M3Ds and prefer it over the NOS stylus I also have. A B&O SP1 makes up a trio for me of early low compliance MM designs that stand up surprisingly well against exhaulted and expensive MCs.

I do wish Jico would find an EU based distributor though. The cheap ones can more than double in price by the time you bring them over.
    Yes i'm a big fan as well, which is why i want to see what the sas brings to the party. I have two SC35C's, one i have put in an aluminium body, which has brought an improvement. I plan to use the aluminium with nos stylus on my more beat driven/electronic records and the sas on my more 'real' instruments recordings. will try the sas in th aluminium one first though, as i can't find my spare headshell.

I'm hoping it keeps the same traits as the original but adding more refinement and detail. I don't know how the SC35C stands up against ''exhaulted and expensive'' MC's as iv'e never heard any MC's but the SC35C does so much well that iv'e never really felt the need yet and i've could of easily trodden the MC route by now!!

So looking at paying £30-40 for customs and delivery. Bit of a bummer but hey ho.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    I don't know how the SC35C stands up against ''exhaulted and expensive'' MC's as iv'e never heard any MC's but the SC35C does so much well that iv'e never really felt the need yet and i've could of easily trodden the MC route by now!!
    Well to be fair, for all its qualities in presenting a big bold sound with pretty reasonable detail (not terribly unlike an early conical SPU), a decent MC will offer a lot more in terms of fine detail, micro-expression and phrasing, back to front as well as sideways depth (so better overall 3D imaging), and presentation of acoustic ambience of the recording space. Depends on what music you listen to whether all that's important or not. What I have found is that the SC35C is always very musical and enjoyable and any sins it has are ones of omission, which are quite forgivable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast