+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where next with my system?

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

Default Where next with my system?

So i'm wondering where to go next with my system and would value some input. I'm quite happy with it atm but would like to improve on it! Extremely happy with the speakers and sub, so they are definitely staying!

An obvious step would be sending the croft to Glen to upgrade it to R spec or to my preferences but not sure what they would be?? I would like the phono stage to be improved though!

Also thinking off maybe trying an MC cart which i've never had or for that matter listened to! I do love the Shure SC35C which i'm using, so something which retains it's strengths and builds on them would be what i would be considering.

On the digital side of things i have been using beresford dacs for the last 7 or so years, so maybe try something else?

Budget around £500 but can be flexible on that if i need to be!

Cheers.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    So i'm wondering where to go next with my system and would value some input. I'm quite happy with it atm but would like to improve on it! Extremely happy with the speakers and sub, so they are definitely staying!

An obvious step would be sending the croft to Glen to upgrade it to R spec or to my preferences but not sure what they would be?? I would like the phono stage to be improved though!

Also thinking off maybe trying an MC cart which i've never had or for that matter listened to! I do love the Shure SC35C which i'm using, so something which retains it's strengths and builds on them would be what i would be considering.

On the digital side of things i have been using beresford dacs for the last 7 or so years, so maybe try something else?

Cheers.
    No idea if this is a public enquiry but if so it would help to know what your kit is (hint: signature seems way off) and what you wish to change? On the face of it you seem to have a very decent set up for a relatively affordable spend.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    No idea if this is a public enquiry but if so it would help to know what your kit is (hint: signature seems way off) and what you wish to change? On the face of it you seem to have a very decent set up for a relatively affordable spend.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Is my kit not in my signature? I can see a list of my kit under my post! As to what i want to change, i basically want to improve it within a given budget and get the best bang for buck and was after ideas on how best to achieve that!

In case no one else can see my kit in my sig, I have a modded 1200 with MNB, EPT platter, Jelco 750D arm, Shure SC35C cart, Croft Micro 25, Korus custom server, Bushmaster II, Paradigm reference active 20's and Paradigm servo 15 sub.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

I'm Martin.

is there any specific aspect of the sound that is bugging you? Or do you just want to see if you can move the whole thing up a notch?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

The only thing that is bugging is the digital side which i'm finding a touch bright and forward compared to my tt but yeah wanting to take it up a notch really.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post

Cheers.
    At this system level the only upgrade within you budget I can think of is a decent new MC. Sorry mate, but a DJ cartridge for $ 59 on Amazon can not really play music and makes any preamp modifications by Glen himself pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by forsell View Post
    At this system level the only upgrade within you budget I can think of is a decent new MC. Sorry mate, but a DJ cartridge for $ 59 on Amazon can not really play music and makes any preamp modifications by Glen himself pretty pointless.
    Well I beg to differ! It's far more than a "DJ cartridge" that cannot play music! It was originally designed for the BBC and in its 'made in America' form and not the modern ' made in Mexico ' form, it's a very decent MM! I simply wouldn't spend what I have on my TT and put a cart on that couldn't do it justice!
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

I'm Neil.

Have you experimented with decoupling? I've had excellent results from putting Bright Star Isonodes under my gear. Good VFM too. You can read about my experiences here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-vs-Decoupling
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Have you experimented with decoupling? I've had excellent results from putting Bright Star Isonodes under my gear. Good VFM too. You can read about my experiences here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-vs-Decoupling
    I haven't no, not something I have really considered. I have recently put sorbothane under my speakers which gave a bit of an improvement! I do need to try something under the sub, so will check your thread out.
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by forsell View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong! The SC35C is a helluva cartridge; probably one of the best audio bargains on the planet.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...-3-shure-sc35c

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast