+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha CT-7000 - Fault: Mono Output - for spares or repair. Up for auction on eBay.

I'm Robert.

Post Yamaha CT-7000 - Fault: Mono Output - for spares or repair. Up for auction on eBay.

Hi Everyone

My first time posting an entry here. See my intro in the welcome section.

I currently have a much cherished Yamaha CT-7000 for sale. Up for on auction on eBay. I started the auction at £1 and it's currently up to to £31. The auction ends on Friday 24th at 11 pm.

Unfortunately, it has a fault...the output is mono only. The stereo light doesn't come on so I'm guessing the fault is in the stereo decoding circuitry. I wondered if it was simply a blown lamp but after careful listening it is mono. Pressing the mono/stereo mode button makes no difference.

Everything else works OK. The tuning dial and all switches operate smoothly. The lighting and the meters work Externally it's in pretty good condition given its age, just a few marks on the wooden cover and the fascia. Internally it's pristine and almost as new.

If you have the expertise to fix it this could be an absolute bargain otherwise its a great resource for parts.

Pictures posted here and auction link in the message below.

Thanks.

Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Robert.

Here's a link to the item on eBay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-CT...EAAOSwbMNaC2OK

Thanks

Robert

montesquieu Guest

Could just be a relay that's stuck or even a just contact on the mono switch ... get behind the button with a squirt of deoxit.

I'm nigel.

Utterly beautiful...Yamaha kit from this era is to my eyes aesthetically perfect.
    Having had a Cr1020 reciever with the same style pushbutton, I would investigate a contact issue too.

Personally I would keep her as a ornament, I have a Denon TU 300 in my rack purely for the light show (its dial is a military style rotary...looks well cool) but I listen via utterly silent virgin box.

I'm Neil.

Shame, if it was working I would be tempted
    Regards Neil

I'm ROGER.

After receiving a second chance offer through ebay I ended up buying this tuner, so I had a quick look inside, tightened some loose connections around the aerial input and gave it a really good squirt of switch cleaner on all knobs & buttons... & hey presto we have stereo A superb sounding tuner, chuffed to bits with it.

I'm Steve.

Great to hear that you fixed it easily Eric. Well, I intended to bid but missed bidding on it (Dohh), but if you ever want to sell it, please get in touch. Best of luck with it anyway it's a lovely unit.

+ Reply to Thread