+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello to Everyone

I'm Robert.

Default Hello to Everyone

This is the year I've retooled my music system fulfilling a desire I've had for decades. The more I explored the issues involved in achieving great sound, the more equipment seemed to get replaced. At this point, I've replaced it all and it's starting to sound closer to my aspirations. The whole process of demoing and acquiring new equipment has taken a full 10 months and is now essentially complete. Although I have a Pro-Ject turntable in the system, my real commitment has been on the digital side. I've selected an Innuos Zenith server, an Aqua La Scala DAC, a Pass Labs Int 150-A (the last one ever made), a REL Series S Sub, and a pair of Audio Physic Avanti speakers. The DAC hit 300 hours of burn in just today and the sound has definitely improved noticeably from where it was even yesterday. My next project is discovering new music and building a hi-rez music collection to enjoy on the new hardware. I've been adding some Norah Jones, Amber Rubarth, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Hadouk Trio to an existing collection of jazz and classic rock in AIFF, Flac and DSD formats. I look forward to enlarging my knowledge by exchanging informaiton and opinions with the great audiophile community assembeld here. Please feel free to offer guidance and tips since I still feel like a newbie in the audiophile world. Cheers! Robert

I'm Geoff.

Hi Robert. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

You may find the Digital Expressions section useful. There's much discussion on streaming there.

Feel free to join in the chat, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread