+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goldring Lenco GL75 virgin.

I'm Brook.

Default Goldring Lenco GL75 virgin.

I have been lurking here for a while as I have grown to really like the simple but good engineering that the Lenco's seem to share, & would love to build my own at some point. I took the decision to sell my main deck, an Inspire Eclipse, in order to finance buying two decks, which are a Townshend Rock Elite II & a Goldring Lenco 75. One of these with be purely for playing my ever growing pile of old mono jazz records, leaving the other for every day listening. I don't mind which does what, just the one I like best for that particular genre really. Being in the middle of a home refurb however I just don't have the time or space to build my own at this time, so I enlisted the help of a couple of really nice guys over on LH to source & build one for me.
    I am so pleased with the results, much better than I could have hoped for, & I hope when I have to time to build my own it will look & sound as good as this one.
    I attended a wigwam bake off on Saturday & my Lenco was the vinyl front end of a system comprising my own Art Audio Vinyl One Reference phono stage, a Aurorasound Vida, a Modwright LS 36.5 pre, Plinius SA103 power amp, Wilson Watt Puppies & assorted foo cables. The digital front was a Chord Blu & Chord QDB76 (I think).
    The Lenco received a lot of very favourable comments & most thought it performed very well ahead of some very expensive kit, in fact two of the guys said they were going to look more into them as a result of the day.
    Result!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Alan.

That looks wonderful Brook

I also have a Lenco and they do perform very well IMO, I shan't be parting with mine.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

PLEASE can you give details of the arm mods - one of the very best I've seen, but probably expensive...

The revised arm may offer change here, but all the Lenco's I've had anything to do with loved their heavy mat, ribs and all. The stock article lost all the bass power when a felt type (and even my favourite NAS Spacemat) was used.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Andrew.

Welcome. Nice lenco, and welcome to a world of tweaking, the 75 has GREAT potential for improve,net.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brook.

Thanks very much guys, I have to say I have become very attached to it very quickly, I hope when I find find time to do one myself it turns out as well.

David, depends on what you call expensive I guess, but I think it was around £220 for the complete arm new. The guy who builds them is on Lenco Heaven under the moniker Brian28, it is free to join there & he responds quickly to pm's. He is also on AoS as Brian Limage. I like the arm a lot, it looks very good, I found it easy to set up & use.

+ Reply to Thread