+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RB330 / Planar 3 (2016) upgrades?

I'm Dave.

Okey, dokey and thank you.

I'm off.

Thanks Dave for the insight. Out of interest, would you consider the Tecnoweight an upgrade to a stock RB330, or more generally just a great option to go for if in need of a new CW?

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I am independent with a reputation built up over 40 years and so can stock, pretty well anything I choose and Rega is one of those brands. I am not forced to sell any products and I am very picky.

I have seen, used and removed several after market counterweights, which did nothing to the sound and were very poorly made. I still have them in a box somewhere amongst the accumulated clutter. I don't put the Michell Tecnoweight in that camp as they are beautifully made and well thought out.

I'm Dave.

It's an interesting looking gizmo but I've not found it adds anything to the performance and it is fiddly to set up in comparison with the bog standard Rega weight and dial. Don't get me wrong, I sell a lot of Michell Tecnoarms, whcih come with this weight as standard and they are excellent and good value.

I'm off.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    It's an interesting looking gizmo but I've not found it adds anything to the performance and it is fiddly to set up in comparison with the bog standard Rega weight and dial. Don't get me wrong, I sell a lot of Michell Tecnoarms, whcih come with this weight as standard and they are excellent and good value.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234