+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free - Celestion 5 speakers without tweeters.

I'm Edward.

The mid/bass drivers looks pretty neat. I wonder what the story is on the tweeters and if replacements can be found.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Lawrence.

I'm just checking something out, I might be able to do something with these.

I'm Graham.

Default Thanks for all the help with the photos.....

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry I haven't been around this morning but was out at customer sites.

The tweeters were simply needed for another job. They weren't blown or anything, just needed for spares. The Celestion 3, 5 and 7 all had the same titanium tweeters and these were the first decent pair I managed to win on ebay.

They look like they have hardly been used at all and are in really good condition. Any marks are just from the bubble wrap they were shipped in.

It seemed a shame to pull speakers in such nice condition apart, but needs must. It seemed a shame to just throw away the remaining cabinets and bass drivers when in such good condition so thought I would offer them to anyone that needs them.

All boxed up and ready to ship to anyone that pays postage or collect for free.

I'm Steve.

If Lawrence decides not to use them, I'd be interested. I could collect in person.

I'm Lawrence.

I was hoping to persuade this guy to send me the tweeters but he wants to wait until the end of the auction. If you can collect the cabinets it makes more sense, add these tweeters for a tenner plus postage and you're laughing.

I'm Lawrence.

I'm Martin.

Yeah Ive got some minty looking Mk 1 3s knocking about and they used the same tweeters up to the 7 and Im not sure beyond that.. I would have thought anyone has a job on finding the tweeters but they do turn up.

Fairly Well protected tweeter with three bar protection so they are usually in good condition from donor units. I would check those above though as there are tatty ones turning up...if the main driver rubbers are split the tweeters could be driven to destruction...covered in dust and all that is not a good sign

I dont think I would strip the 3 out to build a 5 but thats a good offer for free if someone needs the parts or fancies a project
    http://hometheaterreview.com/celesti...wed/?page=2 --

I'm Graham.

Default Claimed by a forum user for collection this weekend....

I will let you all know if they aren't collected so that someone else can claim them.

Glad they are going to someone who can make use of them as it at least keeps them out of the landfill.

I'm Graham.

Default Speakers collected....

Pigmy Pony collected the speakers yesterday so no longer available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12