+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have I bought a fake...

I'm Simon.

NEVER buy a picture disc for playing, they all make that wooshing/pulsating noise due to the picture layer.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    NEVER buy a picture disc for playing, they all make that wooshing/pulsating noise due to the picture layer.
    Expensive lesson learnt.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_LDT View Post
    I have one (only one) that plays very well. It's very early though, could even be the first ever.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

I own several Iron Maiden picture discs and a few by other artists. All have background noise, a sort of whooshing sound. Perfectly acceptable as it is a known phenomenon.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Alan.

I purchased the RSD Cure Greatest Hits on Picture Discs and yes it has the whooshing sound between tracks but its still perfectly listenable.

I bought into the record company's limited edition marketing ploy and then found out later that they brought it out on normal vinyl. Now wondering if the normal vinyl sounds better since it was supposed to be remastered.

I'm Mick.

I won’t buy picture disks for this reason. I bought a Roger Waters album and between tracks all it did was make a whooshing sound.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Dave.

Agree with other posts. Never buy picture disks to play, just to look at. Everyone i own, i did play, all sounded crap.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    I own several Iron Maiden picture discs and a few by other artists. All have background noise, a sort of whooshing sound. Perfectly acceptable as it is a known phenomenon.
    I bought the Aces High picture disc as I thought it looked great with the Jerry plane spinning round with smoke pouring out the back. I noticed the engineer (or whoever it is who makes the "mould") engraved "I shot the Focke" on the inside which made me chuckle. Although being pedantic, the picture is of an Me109. (Or extra pedantic, Bf109.)

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12