+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Phono RCA Plug Cable Screws

I'm Robert.

Default Tiny Phono RCA Plug Cable Screws

Can someone point me to where to get these please.

They are the very small screws that tighten through phono plugs into the cable.

The ones i'm using are tiny and keep loosening for some reason, causing me to lose a channel .

I think they are so tiny that there not making a good connection so I need to look at slightly better bigger ones.

I'd like the tiny screwdriver for them too if any one can point me to those - Thanks .
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

I may have some you can have for free, boss. Let me have a look.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Can someone point me to where to get these please.

They are the very small screws that tighten through phono plugs into the cable.

The ones i'm using are tiny and keep loosening for some reason, causing me to lose a channel .

I think they are so tiny that there not making a good connection so I need to look at slightly better bigger ones.

I'd like the tiny screwdriver for them too if any one can point me to those - Thanks .
    Can you post a photo of where the screw fits?
    If you are talking about the strain relief screws, then you need to get your cable looked at if it is losing a channel.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Bigman80 Guest

Ah, missed that bit. What cables are they?

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Can you post a photo of where the screw fits?
    If you are talking about the strain relief screws, then you need to get your cable looked at if it is losing a channel.
    Hi Kevin / Oliver,

You can see the plugs here and the tiny gold screw I'm referring to, there is one on either side of each plug.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ei...pjrK5Vs9xiuxM:

Right channel dropped so I checked them and found the screws very very lose so I tightened one on each at first ( didnt realise there was one each side of each plug . so at first all was well but problem appeared again)

Have now tightened all four properly and all seemed well for a while but the right channel again is fading and loads lower than the left which is fine

As you say Kevin, sounds like the cable needs looking at. I'm just baffled why It works for a while after tightening then fades to low output, eventually non from left

Should those screws be tight loose ??
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Kevin.

They are strain relief screws, so should just be tightened enough to secure the cable.
    If they keep coming loose, then a tiny drop of theeadlock will help.

You need to get the cable looked at as it sounds like you have either a dry joint, or a loose connection.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    They are strain relief screws, so should just be tightened enough to secure the cable.
    If they keep coming loose, then a tiny drop of theeadlock will help.

You need to get the cable looked at as it sounds like you have either a dry joint, or a loose connection.
    Yeah something isnt right.

As I say, I've tightened a few times.

Each time right channel comes back and works fine but then eventually fades and then nothing - man !!!

If it aint one thing it's another !!! Fed up !
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Paul.

I second the threadlock adhesive advice. You can buy it in a car parts shop, also places such as the likes of Amazon and ebay. Careful you will only need a tiny bit.

As fir the small screwdrivers you can buy multi bit kits from Poundland, Wilko, Amazon, ebay etc.
    ~Paul~

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Yeah something isnt right.

As I say, I've tightened a few times.

Each time right channel comes back and works fine but then eventually fades and then nothing - man !!!

If it aint one thing it's another !!! Fed up !
    Send them up to me, Robbie. I'll take a look at them for you if you want.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Send them up to me, Robbie. I'll take a look at them for you if you want.

Hi Oliver, thats really good of you.

If you could try it first when you receive it, just to see if it works properly in your set up or not and then check it over for me that would be much appreciated.

If you pm me your address I'll get it over to you.

I'll cover cost of return postage and your time of course.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast