+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What headphones are people using with their Caiman SEG

I'm Gren.

Default What headphones are people using with their Caiman SEG

Hi all
    As the SEG has a headphone amp. I was wondering what cans people are using. I just might treat myself to a pair. Looking around the 200 ish mark. I did plug in some old sennheiser hd477 in last night but now I know why I don't use them. LOL
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

Pre-amp: Teddy Pardo PR1

Power Teddy Pardo 2xMB100's

Other: Focal Electra 1028be

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by vandergraafuk View Post
    Hi all
    As the SEG has a headphone amp. I was wondering what cans people are using. I just might treat myself to a pair. Looking around the 200 ish mark. I did plug in some old sennheiser hd477 in last night but now I know why I don't use them. LOL
    I'm using Sennheiser HD600's. After being slightly dissapointed when first plugging into the SEG, all seems to be coming on well now (I have about 50hrs on it from new now).

I'm Mike.

I'm using a pair of AKG K550 II's. They sound great to me but might be a bit cheap for you

I'm Gren.

I don't mind cheap so long as it sounds good. ��
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

Pre-amp: Teddy Pardo PR1

Power Teddy Pardo 2xMB100's

Other: Focal Electra 1028be

I'm Grant.

amazon had a set of sonys half price or so..down to under 100.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

I tend to find senns tend to work really well with stan dacs. A second hand pair of 650s should be in budget.

Like anything else try them on in the shops to make sure they fit you first.

I just traded my 650s and a caiman 2 to brian of this parish. He is over the moon with them.

I use 700s outwith your budget methinks but sublime with the C2.( i added a Cappella which ups the game even further)

As a cheaper option look on the Thomman site at superlux cans. They are vfm fantastic....668b/330/440/660. I have them all, the only caveat i would add is you buy the replacement felt ear pads as the pleather origionlas are uncomfy and make your ears sweaty.

If yer just trying cans to see if you get on with them your not spending 2 ton!!!!

Stan is a very keen headphone man and helpful. You could do a lot worse then e mail him and ask for advice.

Headphone wise, I would look at the Beyerdynamics DT990 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyerdyna...erCGQll8MIWSVQ
    This is the 80 Ohms version, which will suit the SEG quite well. I have the 250 Ohms version, and I love the sound it produces.

I'm Jo.

Default SEG & Cans...

When not using a dedicated HPA I use either Sennheiser HD650s or HD700s out of the SEG. Kind of depends on what type of music the SEG is converting, top quality recordings allow for a better set of cans. [I think Stan uses, or used to use, a set of Sennheiser HD800s.] If you find yourself using headphones a lot you might consider adding a Beresford Capella which gives greater flexibility and superb price to performance.

I'm James.

[QUOTE=wee tee cee;920182]I tend to find senns tend to work really well with stan dacs. A second hand pair of 650s should be in budget. 2nd hand headphones,I just couldn't do it
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Stephen.

Beyerdynamic DT 990 600 ohm and Grado GS 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast