+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supravox T215 RTF 64 vintage

I'm Chris.

Default Supravox T215 RTF 64 vintage

Can anyone give me a bit more info on these vintage (1960's) drivers. They almost certainly have alnico magnets, but most of the Google stuff refers to the bicone drivers with whizzer cone which I am trying to avoid.

I have to say the Supravox web site is very poor.

Thiele Small parameters would be a good start, or experience from anyone who has heard or used them would be a bonus.

I'm Geoff.

Interesting. Somewhat reminiscent of the Baker drivers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

http://rutcho.com/speaker_drivers/su...15_rtf_64.html

Surely this is a bicone with the whizzer missing!

Geoff

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    http://rutcho.com/speaker_drivers/su...15_rtf_64.html

Surely this is a bicone with the whizzer missing!

Geoff
    They made one model, with and without whizzer

I'm Geoff.

Surely they would have different model numbers. At least a suffix!

Geoff

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Surely they would have different model numbers. At least a suffix!

Geoff
    You would think so, but even today they market an RTF 215 64 which is very different, having the cheaper ferrite magnet. I am suspecting they are still dining out on the exceptional reputation of the earlier model.

https://www.supravox.fr/anglais/haut...rs/215_RTF.htm

I'm Chris.

I think I would defy anyone to cut off that sturdy whizzer and leave no evidence Particularly difficult working anywhere near those fine connecting wires.

I'm Grant.

no, it looks original. ive a few with wizzers and they are impossible to remove without trace
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no, it looks original. ive a few with wizzers and they are impossible to remove without trace
    "The whizzer cone is very thin and very stiff to a touch. From the picture can be seen that it is attached at the inner surface of the voice coil. The dust cap is common part of the whizzer."

With the dust cap being an integral part of the whizzer I would also think its impossible to remove without trace.

Many people specified and used the bi cone speaker with great success, but for me (having had Lowthers for many years) I think whizzers can come with their own issues.

I'm Grant.

yup agree. some work and many dont so well. buzzing is a big issue
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast