+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caiman SEG with battery / Linear PSU

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I was running mine with a 15V linear PSU without modifications and no problems before I went to the LiFePO4 battery. I seem to recall Stanley Beresford says they are good to 16V, so 15V should be safe.
    How does the Tracer compare to the 15v Linear PSU?

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    How does the Tracer compare to the 15v Linear PSU?
    The battery does not have a blue glowing LED display ...the bass has a bit more authority and the imaging also slightly more 3D with the battery. Not a huge amount in it. I was more motivated to have one less box and no mains powered equipment at all (not to mention fewer lights). It is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-versio...4AAOSwgY9XdUwE. I asked them to make sure it was properly earthed when I bought it. It seems to output a pretty stable 15.1V.

I was about to list it on e-bay but if you (or anyone) would be interested to buy and try it, please send me a PM.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    The battery does not have a blue glowing LED display ...the bass has a bit more authority and the imaging also slightly more 3D with the battery. Not a huge amount in it. I was more motivated to have one less box and no mains powered equipment at all (not to mention fewer lights). It is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-versio...4AAOSwgY9XdUwE. I asked them to make sure it was properly earthed when I bought it. It seems to output a pretty stable 15.1V.

I was about to list it on e-bay but if you (or anyone) would be interested to buy and try it, please send me a PM.
    About to send you a PM

I'm tony.

Im really lucky to have a cellar bellow my listening room. I plumbed in a big car battery and solar panel many moons ago with help from Stan regards set up and connections.

I found getting off mains-even with an airlink balanced mains box was just quieter, especially on cans. The noise floor dropped off.

Big car batteries tend not to go down too well with yer other half-aesthetically speaking!!!!

I'm Gren.

Received my 15V linear supply bought from swagmanlab in Hong Kong. First impression is its taken the SEG to another level. Much more air. I can follow instruments clearly. It was not a night and day thing just added a little extra. Happy days.
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

Pre-amp: Teddy Pardo PR1

Power Teddy Pardo 2xMB100's

Other: Focal Electra 1028be

I'm Bill.

I have Alastair's on it's way to me, so hopefully get to listen over the weekend.

Are you using headphones?

I'm Gren.

I am currently listening with a old pair of sennheiser hd447. They are real cheapies and don't do the SEG justice. I am looking around for a decent pair. Stan mad a suggestion on my other thread along with some kind AOS members. Which I will need to explore. Finding anywhere local here in Hampshire is a bit limited. I will get round to it at some point. But just enjoying the music through main speakers at the moment.
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

Pre-amp: Teddy Pardo PR1

Power Teddy Pardo 2xMB100's

Other: Focal Electra 1028be

I'm tony.

Got my segs this morning.
    One for me and one for my son.
    Didnt last long on my telly set up-got moved to my main system now on battery power.

Still running in but very very impressed.

Might have to get another for the telly!!!!

I'm Bill.

The 15v PSU has arrived and is all plumbed in and running nicely. Had a very brief listen earlier and has now been plugged in for a couple of hours, just settling in for a couple of hours listening.

I'm Bill.

I've had an Anker battery on the Chromecast for a couple of days and have decided to send it back. I don't think it adds anything and it's potentially not as good as the standard PSU - not convinced either way and would rather not have the gaff.

Also tried a Fisual Hollywood optical cable and prefer Stan's cable. That's enough messing around, going to enjoy what I have!
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast