+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small (passive) speaker recommendation

I'm Edward.

can't find any Mission 780SEs for sale at the moment but have set alerts in case any come up. I'll grab them as they seem to go for beer money. Last sales were a pair in Bristol and another pair in Paisley - each going for £65.

In the meantime will do some more digging on the other recommendations. The MartinLogan Motion speakers look very interesting but never heard them and don't fancy just taking a punt on new ones (seems to be only from Absolute Sounds here in the UK). There was someone who was trying to sell Motion 2s about a year ago starting at £250 and seemingly sold at £150.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

I bought my Motion 2 speakers on a recent trip to the US. They were being heavily discounted due to the introduction of the 2i model (essentially the same except for having a detachable grill).

They were an unplanned purchase: a reward to myself after having had my trip to Louisiana disrupted by Hurricane Harvey and then ending up confined by State curfew in a hotel in Florida whilst Hurricane Irma rolled past. Three days without power (ie. no aircon), phones, internet, or food (except for some basics purchased before the stores closed down). In

Bestbuy (and several other retailers) were selling them at $99 each. Never understood US practice of selling speakers individually.

Current retail price in US is $179 for Motion 2i and $249 for Motion 4i. Still superb value at these prices.

Don't see many coming up for resale though hardly surprising.

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12