+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Burton on Trent!

I'm Steve.

Default Hello from Burton on Trent!

Hi All,

Actually, just a few miles south of Burton. I'm Excited to have just joined the forum. I have a Heybrook TT2 turntable (with the cast aluminium sub-chassis) in lovely condition of which I'm very proud, so delighted to see that there appears to be a lot of expertise on the forum. I have a very wide taste in music, but in general I love a bit of prog rock and singer/song writer stuff. Keep meaning to dabble properly into blues and maybe even jazz - one day maybe!

Equipment wise, I started off in the mid 80's with the classic Dual 505, NAD 3020 setup, and ever so slowly it's evolved some what randomly into the following:

Turntable: Heybrook TT2 with AO rewired RB300 and Ortofon Quintet Black powered via Heed Orbit PS
    Phono: Project Phono Box RS with Power Box RS supply
    Pre: Naim NAC 152xs powered by a Teddy Pardo Dual Teddycap
    Power: Naim NAP 155xs
    Digital source: Mac Mini running Audirvana
    DAC: Heed Obelisk DA v2.3 (192/24)
    Speakers: Kudos X3

So that's me! Looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully having some fun. Will post some pics once I get round to uploading them somewhere.

Cheers,
    Steve

I'm Phil.

welcome to aos , spent many hours visiting a certain big car dealer there multiple times due to faults so know burton well

good to have you
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Grant.

Hi and Welcome Steve. Enjoy the forum. as you say plenty of friendly folk here will help if they can
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

So you're another TT2 fan? They are rather popular here.

Tell us what future plans you have for your system.

There's plenty going on here, so just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm David.

Welcome Steve. I am just north of Burton-on-Trent, but no TT2 :-(

I'm Manny.

A warm welcome to AoS Steve

+ Reply to Thread