+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tubeampdoctor - opinions?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    I've bought from tubeampdoctor without any problems, found them very efficient ..
    Quote Originally Posted by simon g View Post
    I've found them to be excellent over the many years I've bought from them. Indeed, during my valve amp years, they were my go to supplier. Prefer them to Watford Valves, tbh.
    Me, too.

Excellent sounding valves as well. They are my go-to brand.
    "Just" re-brands so I have read - but they seem to have the same taste as me when selecting valves - very open, dynamic and detailed with lovely 3D soundstaging.
    Last edited by jandl100; 16-11-2017 at 12:26.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hotrox do them also-

http://www.hotroxuk.com/tungsol-kt120.html

Used them many times and always had excellent service.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

All current mainstream valves come from the same three places, China, Russia, Czech, etc, Tungsol is [among many other brands such as Mullard etc] now owned by Mike Matthews of Sovtek, therefore' all Tungsol branded valves come from his factory, including the recently designed KT120, and KT150, some of the high quantity users/suppliers of valves order certain internal alterations to otherwise standard versions, and thus brand them up under their own company name. There are however some small manufactures who build their own versions of some of the popular types ie; KT88, px4, px25 etc, There is also another company producing a version of the KT120, which is more akin to the shape of the Tungsol KT150.
    Hope this helps.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

Yes PSVane now make a very nice looking (and very expensive) KT120 - but I've been advised by audio research to stay with the tung sol.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

The Tungsol version is rated up to 800v plate volts...
    Not sure about the PSVane.
    Forgot to add; if its easier for you to deal with Tube amp Doctor they are fine, and will' I am sure supply you with a decent set.
    Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Yes PSVane now make a very nice looking (and very expensive) KT120 - but I've been advised by audio research to stay with the tung sol.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

I'd be happy to deal with Watford but can't find a matched quad for sale. With tubeampdoctor yes.

As an aside the NOS 6H30 tubes also used in the ARC Ref 75 are bloody expensive!
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps

I'm Geoff.

I checked Watford but couldn't find a matched quad, only singles.
    I looked at their site about valves for my Art Audio Quintet and there is an option to purchase quad sets and at no extra price for the matched set! The same applies to the KT120s!

Geoff

I'm George.

I'd be happy to deal with Watford but can't find a matched quad for sale. With tubeampdoctor yes.

As an aside the NOS 6H30 tubes also used in the ARC Ref 75 are bloody expensive!
    Watford Valves supply most of british rock stars like Gallagher bros from Oasis with valves for their Marshall guitar amps and other stuff and so their (high) prices. Please be aware that listed prices are excluding 20% VAT. At checkout shipment to Spain will be added + 20% VAT on total. That means that you also have to pay 20% VAT on shipment.

You may also check:

"Edicron valves" in UK -as far as I know they inspect and test all valves in house before being reprinted with "E" -logo (for Edicron)

"BTB Elektronik" in Bavaria -it is the largest valve seller in Germany providing any service you want (selecting, matching in pairs, quads...) Their web-site and navigation is in German -so you will have to get through it- but item descriptions are in English.

Hope this helps.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I looked at their site about valves for my Art Audio Quintet and there is an option to purchase quad sets and at no extra price for the matched set! The same applies to the KT120s!

Geoff
    Found them!

Thank you
    Last edited by farflungstar; 17-11-2017 at 20:58.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    The Truth linestage
    Cary 805c SET amps