+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are subwoofers attacked?

I'm Howard.

Default Why are subwoofers attacked?

Paul McGowan writes ....

With all the ranting and raving I do about the importance of subwoofers you’d think we were in the business of selling them. But, we’re not. My passion for certain subjects knows few bounds.

I understand people’s hesitations with them: the added clutter of multiple boxes, PITA to set up, expensive, unnecessary. What I do not understand is when good people who love music and want the same things I do, attack them as if they were the plague.

A good friend of mine who shall remain nameless suggested it might be a male ego thing: fear of inadequacy, but that seems far-fetched.

No, I think it stems from .....
    Continues @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2017/11/w...fers-attacked/
    Well, hello.

I'm Paul.

I use a sub for my 2 channel music set up, so I suppose not really 2 channel as such. The sub doesnt add extra bass as such I just use it to underpin the stereo speakers. There is hardly any output from the sub at all but when I turn it off everything sounds a little wimpy by comparison.
    ~Paul~

I'm Russell.

That’s a great video! Thanks Neil, most informative. And I agree totally! There is nothing “Un-Hi-Fi”, about sub woofers! I’ve heard some systems with tiny stand mounted main speakers and one subwoofer that sounded absolutely wonderful! Pin point staging! Only the very largest floorstanders don’t need one, and even then it couldn’t hurt. There is no way to recreate the visceral impact of life music without proper bass.

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread