Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: german hifi dealers!!

  1. #1
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: brighton uk.

    Posts: 2,677
    I'm jamie.

    Default german hifi dealers!!

    i found a german hifi dealer selling a mission mechanic tonearm,it was 1590 euro's! unsurprisingly it had been on sale since feb and had not sold,i made him an offer of 800 euros and got this reply,
    Hello,obvious, this is the joke of the week! Sorry, our very low prices are fixed.
    to which i replied,
    hi,
    no it wasn't a joke it was a genuine offer,i have just bought a zeta tonearm for £800 pounds, a very similar tonearm.
    you are asking nearly double the price hence why its been for sale for so long.
    i assume for the price the mission tonearm comes with its original box and manual etc?

    i then got this back,
    obvious, you are a "non-expert" for classic hifi prices. Please note that we are worldwide market leader for used hifi since more than 20 years. Of course, it is exactly that included, what is mentioned in the decription.

    at that point i phoned him up and asked why he was being rude and patronizing and yes i lost my temper and called him fritz and mentioned the war and the world cup and ending the call by saying 'anyway old chap,must go,toddle pip!

    tosser!
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers, Townsend Elite rock 2 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS tonearm,Ortofon Cadenza Black,Decca C4E cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

  2. #2
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 3,521
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i found a german hifi dealer selling a mission mechanic tonearm,it was 1590 euro's! unsurprisingly it had been on sale since feb and had not sold,i made him an offer of 800 euros and got this reply,
    Hello,obvious, this is the joke of the week! Sorry, our very low prices are fixed.
    to which i replied,
    hi,
    no it wasn't a joke it was a genuine offer,i have just bought a zeta tonearm for £800 pounds, a very similar tonearm.
    you are asking nearly double the price hence why its been for sale for so long.
    i assume for the price the mission tonearm comes with its original box and manual etc?

    i then got this back,
    obvious, you are a "non-expert" for classic hifi prices. Please note that we are worldwide market leader for used hifi since more than 20 years. Of course, it is exactly that included, what is mentioned in the decription.

    at that point i phoned him up and asked why he was being rude and patronizing and yes i lost my temper and called him fritz and mentioned the war and the world cup and ending the call by saying 'anyway old chap,must go,toddle pip!

    tosser!
    🤣🤣🤣 outrageous!!!!!

    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

  3. #3
    Join Date: Jul 2009

    Location: Epenwöhrden, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

    Posts: 790
    I'm Werner.

    Default

    Jamie,
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i lost my temper and called him fritz and mentioned the war
    you do know that World War II in Europe ended on May 4th, 1945, do you? That’s more than 72 years ago.

    Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → SPL Phonitor 2 → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays Esprit XS | Beyerdynamic T 1 headphones | my last.fm profile

  4. #4
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Toulouse

    Posts: 3,882
    I'm GettingFunky.

    Default

    If the price is OTT, then why atogonise the bloke?

    I work with Germans on a daily basis, and I have yet to discuss 1945 or 1966.
    It just does not come up in conversation. In fact, I am quite thankful for the beers that their fellow countrymen produce.
    Kevin

    Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

  5. #5
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: brighton uk.

    Posts: 2,677
    I'm jamie.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Jamie,you do know that World War II in Europe ended on May 4th, 1945, do you? That’s more than 72 years ago.

    Werner.
    ha ha yes werner i do but its kinda a standing joke with us brits to always mention the war/world cup/towels on sun lounges.
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers, Townsend Elite rock 2 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS tonearm,Ortofon Cadenza Black,Decca C4E cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

  6. #6
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 18,137
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Jamie,you do know that World War II in Europe ended on May 4th, 1945, do you? That’s more than 72 years ago.

    Werner.
    True but we do sometimes find it necessary to remind recalcitrant Frenchmen about Trafalgar and Waterloo and they happened over 200 years ago.

    The bloke was unnecessarily rude, and a poor salesman. His first response should have been 'Sorry I can't do it that cheap but could come down to £xxx for you.'
    Martin



    Current Lash Up:

    Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *



    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

  7. #7
    Join Date: Apr 2015

    Location: Southampton, United Kingdom

    Posts: 384
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    I'm with Werner on this one.

    The guy might be a knob but you shouldn't have said all that about the war and the football.

    I know a lot of foreign people and they invariably end up asking why we're so obsessed with WWII and I have to admit I have no answer for it ..
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, A&R P77 > Musical Fidelity XLPS v3 Phono Stage
    Sony CDP-XE520 CD Player > SMSL Sanskrit DAC
    Pure DAB tuner
    Tisbury Mk.1 pre-amp > 2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps > Rega Jura Mk.2 speakers
    Grado SR80 headphones

    www.paulridgeblog.com

  8. #8
    Join Date: Sep 2014

    Location: brighton uk.

    Posts: 2,677
    I'm jamie.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If the price is OTT, then why atogonise the bloke?

    I work with Germans on a daily basis, and I have yet to discuss 1945 or 1966.
    It just does not come up in conversation. In fact, I am quite thankful for the beers that their fellow countrymen produce.
    oh here we go, have you not heard of haggling,bartering?
    i suppose im a rascist too?
    mods please delete this thread .
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers, Townsend Elite rock 2 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS tonearm,Ortofon Cadenza Black,Decca C4E cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

  9. #9
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Toulouse

    Posts: 3,882
    I'm GettingFunky.

    Default

    As a Brit, you need to be really careful due to the crusades and the commonwealth.
    It is probably just as well that most of us are stuck on an island.
    Kevin

    Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

  10. #10
    Join Date: May 2010

    Location: Weymouth, Dorset.

    Posts: 2,552
    I'm John.

    Default

    No sympathy here. Sounds like you were rude by your own account!
    Technics SL1200 with SME V and Lyra Dorian cartridge. Mike New bearing/platter. Isonoe feet. Timestep PSU. Achromat. Dynavector P75III phono. Naim Supernait. Oppo UDP 205 Blu Ray, CD, SACD, DVD-A disc spinner. Spendor S5e speakers. BAP mains block. Various mains/interconnects. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter courtesy Mark Grant.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •