Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: german hifi dealers!!

I'm Martin.

Jamie. Yes you may be frustrated but theres no point having a go about his prices...The same with any seller....they have priced things the way they do because they have their own thoughts and agenda. Its sometimes dawns on them after a while but often doesnt as they have their own ideas about integrity and pricing. Of course they are going to be defensive as you have mounted a direct challenge. Ok it may be crazy and exhorbitant but you are essentially calling him a rip off merchant.

I have dealt with German dealers for parts and they have offered great prices and a superb service. They even have an english page and reply in english. I shouldnt even have to mention that I know great German people

You will feel good about yourself if you email and offer a full apology. The war was 72 years ago and it doesnt define modern Germany or us now. His German nationality has nothing to do with the issue

We all make mistakes but you should do the right thing now because we dont want any "dont mention the war" stereotypes. It makes us look small minded and time has moved on.

You will feel better about putting it right as I feel you have made a real error there.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 15-11-2017 at 00:07.

I'm Gary.

^ What a sound post !
    IB

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitely Baffled View Post
    Oh for heaven's sake!
    Marco, what ARE we allowed to post in this thread? I have had a couple of posts disappear, and I have just watched another one - should have been #50 - vanish before my eyes. And it was a very pertinent one too. There are very probably others too.
    The fact is, it is a bit of a non-thread. It isn't really about hi-fi, or even hi-fi prices. In reality, the thread kicked off with an ill-judged anecdote which the OP presumably thought would amuse enough people to make it worthwhile. However, some people found it cringe-worthy, shaming or even offensive. So how are they to respond? Pretend they find it funny? Pretend it is about football? Don't post at all (which rather defeats the object if it being a forum)? Or what? I know you don't like overtly political comment on the forum, Marco, but where the original post is of an overtly political nature (ie. a story about calling a German hi-fi dealer "Fritz" and talking about the war), what's a girl to do?
    IB
    Ignore content you don't like (which isn't directed at you), and most of all, don't inflame a situation by adding to it, darling!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitely Baffled View Post
    ^ What a sound post !
    IB
    Agreed, but let's leave it there now.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Enough's enough. Thread closed!

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456