Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: german hifi dealers!!

I'm jamie.

Default german hifi dealers!!

i found a german hifi dealer selling a mission mechanic tonearm,it was 1590 euro's! unsurprisingly it had been on sale since feb and had not sold,i made him an offer of 800 euros and got this reply,
    Hello,obvious, this is the joke of the week! Sorry, our very low prices are fixed.
    to which i replied,
    hi,
    no it wasn't a joke it was a genuine offer,i have just bought a zeta tonearm for £800 pounds, a very similar tonearm.
    you are asking nearly double the price hence why its been for sale for so long.
    i assume for the price the mission tonearm comes with its original box and manual etc?

i then got this back,
    obvious, you are a "non-expert" for classic hifi prices. Please note that we are worldwide market leader for used hifi since more than 20 years. Of course, it is exactly that included, what is mentioned in the decription.

at that point i phoned him up and asked why he was being rude and patronizing and yes i lost my temper and called him fritz and mentioned the war and the world cup and ending the call by saying 'anyway old chap,must go,toddle pip!

tosser!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i found a german hifi dealer selling a mission mechanic tonearm,it was 1590 euro's! unsurprisingly it had been on sale since feb and had not sold,i made him an offer of 800 euros and got this reply,
    Hello,obvious, this is the joke of the week! Sorry, our very low prices are fixed.
    to which i replied,
    hi,
    no it wasn't a joke it was a genuine offer,i have just bought a zeta tonearm for £800 pounds, a very similar tonearm.
    you are asking nearly double the price hence why its been for sale for so long.
    i assume for the price the mission tonearm comes with its original box and manual etc?

i then got this back,
    obvious, you are a "non-expert" for classic hifi prices. Please note that we are worldwide market leader for used hifi since more than 20 years. Of course, it is exactly that included, what is mentioned in the decription.

at that point i phoned him up and asked why he was being rude and patronizing and yes i lost my temper and called him fritz and mentioned the war and the world cup and ending the call by saying 'anyway old chap,must go,toddle pip!

tosser!
    🤣🤣🤣 outrageous!!!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Werner.

Jamie,
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i lost my temper and called him fritz and mentioned the war
    you do know that World War II in Europe ended on May 4th, 1945, do you? That’s more than 72 years ago.

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Kevin.

If the price is OTT, then why atogonise the bloke?

I work with Germans on a daily basis, and I have yet to discuss 1945 or 1966.
    It just does not come up in conversation. In fact, I am quite thankful for the beers that their fellow countrymen produce.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Jamie,you do know that World War II in Europe ended on May 4th, 1945, do you? That’s more than 72 years ago.

Werner.
    ha ha yes werner i do but its kinda a standing joke with us brits to always mention the war/world cup/towels on sun lounges.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Jamie,you do know that World War II in Europe ended on May 4th, 1945, do you? That’s more than 72 years ago.

Werner.
    True but we do sometimes find it necessary to remind recalcitrant Frenchmen about Trafalgar and Waterloo and they happened over 200 years ago.

The bloke was unnecessarily rude, and a poor salesman. His first response should have been 'Sorry I can't do it that cheap but could come down to £xxx for you.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

I'm with Werner on this one.

The guy might be a knob but you shouldn't have said all that about the war and the football.

I know a lot of foreign people and they invariably end up asking why we're so obsessed with WWII and I have to admit I have no answer for it ..
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    If the price is OTT, then why atogonise the bloke?

I work with Germans on a daily basis, and I have yet to discuss 1945 or 1966.
    It just does not come up in conversation. In fact, I am quite thankful for the beers that their fellow countrymen produce.
    oh here we go, have you not heard of haggling,bartering?
    i suppose im a rascist too?
    mods please delete this thread .
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Kevin.

As a Brit, you need to be really careful due to the crusades and the commonwealth.
    It is probably just as well that most of us are stuck on an island.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm John.

No sympathy here. Sounds like you were rude by your own account!
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast