+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What if China made first contact with aliens?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Also once a civilisation moves from analogue to digital transmission, when a digital signal strength falls below the background noise level it cannot be reconstructed, unlike that of an analogue signal.
    What if they use a DAC though? There's lots to choose from
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Which was questioned, so I responded. Hardly a hijack!
    Quite right.

The hijack was everyone else attempting to reason with your clearly intransigent views.
    It ain't going nowhere, folks. Geoff is doing his deaf adder impression.
    So a pointless endeavour.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    deaf adder
    All Adders are deaf!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    The hijack was everyone else attempting to reason with your clearly intransigent views
    Did you spot any flexibility in anybody else's point of view?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Pointless discussion anyway. Everyone knows Eisenhower had a sit down with the aliens back in the 1950s. Boundaries were established, alien bodies were handed back so their mothers could give them a decent burial; and there was the peace.

That big dish the Chinese have built isn't a radio telescope. It's a giant wok, they are going to attempt the Guinness world record for the biggest ever stir-fry. It will use 2 million gallons of sesame oil, creating a global shortage. So stock up now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

It illegal to show films about time travel in China
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    So no Dr Who ?

I'm Geoff.

No. But Dr No is allowed.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    So no Dr Who ?
    aparrently not. It was a question I got wrong today
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    'Back To The Future' is banned there. Time travel is a 'dangerous fictional element' and Marty McFly behaves 'irresponsibly'.

Seems reasonable enough. Just back away slowly and don't make eye contact.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast