Hi all,

I'm thinking aloud here so any input is welcome.

I am currently cartridge - less in terms of ownership. I have a AT33PTGII on loan at the minute. It's very good but isn't getting the hair standing on end if you know what I mean. I sold a ZYX R50 BLOOM due to a lack of detail and being on the warmer side of neutral. I've had a DL304, that was a bit lifeless bit very detailed

I've considered a Decca but the temperamental nature of it puts me right off owning one as my main cartridge. I recently heard a 2M black which was very good but not sure I could live with it every day, I also heard a DH-3 which was stunning but at £3500 is not an option. I am awaiting word on an Ortofon Vienna which I was also very impressed with. So that leads me to the DL103R. I hear one in a very high end setup and it was tonally impressive but I'm not a fan of spherical stylus.

I am thinking that I like what the Denon DL103R Does tonally but I'm becoming a bit of a stickler for detail retrieval. Is it worth picking up a broken cantilever 103r cartridge and getting a Fritz Gyger stylus and a slightly more compliant cantilever put on it?

If not, what would you look for instead.

Any suggestions welcome.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk