+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melody Gardot...

I'm Shaun.

Default Melody Gardot...

Hmmm... got this today from Amazon on vinyl and it is exquisite. In fact, it is so exquisite even my other half has sat down this evening and just listened. Imagine a blend of Paloma Faith singing gentle jazz and Celine Dion's french and you're just about there. The music is stunning with very subtle, obviously well learned musicians playing fine crafted instruments and the Ortofon OM30 Super producing a beautiful feathery treble. Well recommended.

Oh, I nearly forgot, the album is 'My One and Only Thrill'.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Hmmm... got this today from Amazon on vinyl and it is exquisite. In fact, it is so exquisite even my other half has sat down this evening and just listened. Imagine a blend of Paloma Faith singing gentle jazz and Celine Dion's french and you're just about there. The music is stunning with very subtle, obviously well learned musicians playing fine crafted instruments and the Ortofon OM30 Super producing a beautiful feathery treble. Well recommended.

Oh, I nearly forgot, the album is 'My One and Only Thrill'.
    Shaun

You should try her first album Worrisome Heart. I saw her on Jooles Holland's show a year or so ago and thought she was very good. I didn't know she had a knew one out.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm notAlone.

Very nice indeed, my other half will love this. It will be a nice love present !
    Thanks for the info.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Shaun.

Davros, I had no idea she had another album out. I have not seen her and frequently watch 'Later'. Is she British...? The album I have just bought is of such high quality.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Davros, I had no idea she had another album out. I have not seen her and frequently watch 'Later'. Is she British...? The album I have just bought is of such high quality.
    Not sure of nationality....if I remember right, I think she spoke with an American accent, but it was over a year ago so I can't remember clearly. Google her I am sure the info is there.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Peter.

She's American.

I have the first album and it is gorgeous. It is one of the few albums that really makes me understand why hi-fi is a good thing. The production is lovely and there is just so much space around her voice. Great stuff. I'll have to look out for her second album. I think I knew about it but hadn't got round to buying it yet.
    Peter

+ Reply to Thread