+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mode Switch

Default Mode Switch

I have a 7510 and a Caiman-Gator, both of which have two pairs of RCA sockets offering fixed and variable output. I use the fixed output to drive an amp that has its own volume control and I use the volume control on the Beresford box to control the headphones.

The later Standacs have a switch on the front panel. When a fixed output is delivered to the rear sockets, does the volume control still work for the phones? Are the rear output sockets muted when a quarter inch jack is inserted in the front panel? Ideally I would want that not to be the case so I can keep the phones plugged in permanently (as now) and mute the speakers by turning the amp off (as now).
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    I have a 7510 and a Caiman-Gator, both of which have two pairs of RCA sockets offering fixed and variable output. I use the fixed output to drive an amp that has its own volume control and I use the volume control on the Beresford box to control the headphones.

The later Standacs have a switch on the front panel. When a fixed output is delivered to the rear sockets, does the volume control still work for the phones? Are the rear output sockets muted when a quarter inch jack is inserted in the front panel? Ideally I would want that not to be the case so I can keep the phones plugged in permanently (as now) and mute the speakers by turning the amp off (as now).
    Yes and Yes.
    If you want the fixed output to continue to operate even if a headphone is plugged in, then that would have to be done after a mod.

+ Reply to Thread