+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One happy Caiman SEG new owner

I'm Gren.

Default One happy Caiman SEG new owner

What can I say that has not already been said. Finally managed to liberate my package from the Royal Mail depot l yesterday. I plumbed the bad boy in and I was staggered at what Stan's DAC is capable of. I am still trying to pick my jaw up of the floor. I had a full Naim system previously with a ndac and supercap and I can honestly say that it did not reveal what Stan's great DAC is. Now I know why they are keepers. Thank you Stan I can't wait to get a linear power supply and see what that does.....
    System Sources: Naim cdx2-2, Sonos and AppleTV, SL1210 Mk2 the journey, so far isonoe feet and sumiko headshell, Jelco SA750D. Mike New bearing,bonded baseplate and copper armboard, now installed. Paul Hynes PSUSR7EHD-21/27, funk achromat .

Pre-amp: Teddy Pardo PR1

Power Teddy Pardo 2xMB100's

Other: Focal Electra 1028be

I'm Jerry.

I would be interested in which linear supply you get, thinking of getting one myself.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: 43 inch Pioneer plasma, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mike.

If you fancy seeing what's possible for a lot less outlay than the Linear Power supply then have a look at this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12300-...AAAOSwlY1ZIoZ8

It's what I run my SEG on and it's fantastic!

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by perlogalism View Post
    If you fancy seeing what's possible for a lot less outlay than the Linear Power supply then have a look at this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12300-...AAAOSwlY1ZIoZ8

I use an Anker battery but it switches off after 20 minutes or so, maybe your solution is a good idea. is there a 15v version?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Croft Series 7 power amp and a Standac. Squeezebox Touch
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: 43 inch Pioneer plasma, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I use an Anker battery but it switches off after 20 minutes or so, maybe your solution is a good idea. is there a 15v version?
    I haven't seen a 15v version but there are plenty of higher capacity 12v ones. Personally, I've never needed one as this lasts me a good couple of weeks at a time.

I'm Tony.

Yep the SEGs a winner isn't it!

I've been very happy with mine and its competing quite well against a VPI Scout with Ortofon Quintet Bronze Cart!

I use an older version of this LPS and it works well.

I couldn't tell you if its any better or worse than anything else but I'm happy with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-versio...4AAOSwgY9XdUwE
    VPI Scout 1.1, Ortofon Quintet Bronze, Trigon Vanguard I, SB Touch, Beresford Caiman SEG, Modified Yaqin MC-100B and Rega RS5

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by perlogalism View Post

Wow that is cheap.

Is it safe?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Ortofon Quintet Bronze, Trigon Vanguard I, SB Touch, Beresford Caiman SEG, Modified Yaqin MC-100B and Rega RS5

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Wow that is cheap.

Is it safe?
    They do the job, although some of the designs are a bit dodgy in their design of the ground connection. But I have bought and checked out two of those designs, and they measured OK isolation wise.

I'm John.

I have similar Chinese Lithium DC 12v battery but with a larger capacity (20,000 mAh), Tony. No safety issues I'm aware of (so far). Charges and discharges without incident. Very cheap [21] way of getting off grid.
    Main ~ Rega TTP > Rega P3/Elys 24 > Rega Fono > Cyrus 8vs2/8 Power + PSXRs / Arcam DV143 > Audiolab M-Dac < Pioneer BDP 450 & Sony BDP S780. Yamaha KX-580 SE Cassette Deck. Lehamann Rhinelander HPA ~ Tri-Arbour and Atacama Eris racks. Rega & Cyrus cabling. Spendor S3e standmounts on Partington stands.

Headphone rig ~ Cambridge CXC CD Transport or MacBook Pro > Beresford Caiman II TC7534/SWF3 > Lehman Linear HPA or Beresford Capella HPA < Sennheiser HD700 <Sennheiser HD650 < Grado SR325i <Grado SR80

I'm John.

+1

SEG performs way beyond its price tag and you get unrivaled customer service from Mr.Beresford.
    Main ~ Rega TTP > Rega P3/Elys 24 > Rega Fono > Cyrus 8vs2/8 Power + PSXRs / Arcam DV143 > Audiolab M-Dac < Pioneer BDP 450 & Sony BDP S780. Yamaha KX-580 SE Cassette Deck. Lehamann Rhinelander HPA ~ Tri-Arbour and Atacama Eris racks. Rega & Cyrus cabling. Spendor S3e standmounts on Partington stands.

Headphone rig ~ Cambridge CXC CD Transport or MacBook Pro > Beresford Caiman II TC7534/SWF3 > Lehman Linear HPA or Beresford Capella HPA < Sennheiser HD700 <Sennheiser HD650 < Grado SR325i <Grado SR80

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast