Does anyone else have mental images whilst listening to music?

Our recall of images/places/experiences goes back to not long after we were born. I often find myself listening to a piece of music and linking it to something in the past, an experience or a place I have been or just an atmosphere, something intangible.

There are certain types of music that provoke these cognitive responses. For example if I listen to the sort of stuff that the ECM label produce (Lars Dannielsson/Wolfgang Haffner/Jan Garbarek) eerie stuff with a sort of haunting atmosphere and I am transported to the bleakness of The Tate Modern and the vast engine room in the bowels of the building. The music is austere and sparse, and this conveys to me the bleakness of this bare and brutal structure.

Many years ago I was driving home from work and at one point the clouds in the sky looked like they were about to swoop down and engulf the road, enormous castles of clouds, about to burst with the sun behind and the sky pitch black at the same time. Quite frightening. The soundtrack by Vangelis form the album 1492 has the sort of brooding/menacing sound that always brings these images back to mind.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing?