+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Garrard 401 PLINTH

I'm Peter.

Yep......

Look lovely..... now for something really special.........

Try Lee at ACOUSTAND.... sonically superior... look at my thread

The Denon has Landed.

I kid you not.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    A long shot I know, but want a nice high mass plinth for a Garrard 401
    It will take an SME 3012
    Anything of interest out there??!
    Hi Adam
    Is this going to be instead of the Lp12/ARO or additional to it?
    I like his 301 with an ARO....I wonder how that sounds?
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Tim.

I've heard the 301 with gold morch and koetsu cart and it is fantastic, I loved its SQ and its looks.
    Mark makes an exceptional job of these plinths and he is a top bloke you get a beautifully hand crafted unique plinth that both sounds and looks fantastic.
    If you want a plinth you should talk to him.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I've heard the 301 with gold morch and koetsu cart and it is fantastic, I loved its SQ and its looks.
    Mark makes an exceptional job of these plinths and he is a top bloke you get a beautifully hand crafted unique plinth that both sounds and looks fantastic.
    If you want a plinth you should talk to him.
    Thanks I will definitely consider him
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Hi Adam
    Is this going to be instead of the Lp12/ARO or additional to it?
    I like his 301 with an ARO....I wonder how that sounds?
    Hi Martin, no not getting shot of the LP12 /Aro combo .. yet.
    Just I'd heard so much about Idler drives and musicality. Then came across a 401 and a splendid SME 3012 for
    Not much more than a moderate LP12 'upgrade' I thought I'd put together a nice one and put them up against each other.
    May run them side by side for a while 401 with a mono cart. We'll see.. if the 401 comes up to standard then it will give me a question to answer. You know there is a lot of LP12 bashing on the forums (not a slight on AoS) but the truth is my LP12 is a new production one (4 years) with a very good chassis arm and psu and gives Fantastic results. Personally I'll be floored if the 401 is able to 'match it' so we will see. But the next 'upgrade' crossroad is here for the lp 12.. keel and Radikal psu and that is not viable for me or indeed justifiable, so hence the 401 experiment ..
    My living room will resemble a Hifi shop if I'm not careful.. the 12" plinth on a 401 is mahoooosive!

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Hi Martin, no not getting shot of the LP12 /Aro combo .. yet.
    Just I'd heard so much about Idler drives and musicality. Then came across a 401 and a splendid SME 3012 for
    Not much more than a moderate LP12 'upgrade' I thought I'd put together a nice one and put them up against each other.
    May run them side by side for a while 401 with a mono cart. We'll see.. if the 401 comes up to standard then it will give me a question to answer. You know there is a lot of LP12 bashing on the forums (not a slight on AoS) but the truth is my LP12 is a new production one (4 years) with a very good chassis arm and psu and gives Fantastic results. Personally I'll be floored if the 401 is able to 'match it' so we will see. But the next 'upgrade' crossroad is here for the lp 12.. keel and Radikal psu and that is not viable for me or indeed justifiable, so hence the 401 experiment ..
    My living room will resemble a Hifi shop if I'm not careful.. the 12" plinth on a 401 is mahoooosive!
    The next upgrade to the LP12 is not necessarily a keel and radical which BTW are stupid money!
    I have the Tangerine Plateau and Karmen top plate which many swear by.
    There is one here on the devil bay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINN-LP12-...53.m1438.l2649

Funnily enough I too am thinking of a 401 perhaps just for a change.
    I rather fancy the Accustand plinth as it could accommodate arms of different lengths. We'll see. Good luck
    Last edited by ovlov854; 12-11-2017 at 16:55. Reason: error
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    The next upgrade to the LP12 is not necessarily a keel and radical which BTW are stupid money!
    I have the Tangerine Plateau and Karmen top plate which many swear by.
    There is one here on the devil bay
    [url]www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINN-LP12-TANGERINE-AUDIO-PLATEAU-SUB-CHASSIS-AND-ARM-BOARD-FOR-NAIM-ARO/322865589023?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m1438.l2649
    Hi martin yes I'm aware of those options on the 'next level' but as I said the keel or Radikal would have to be used to be a possibility. The Tangerine is an avenue though. Bear in mind that £1300 in the link could build a seriously good Garrard.
    So we shall see how this comparison turns out. Cheers

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by surayne View Post
    A friend (who happens to be not too from you in North London) has a slate plinth with a custom acrylic cover, built to take a 401 and 3012. I'll ask for pics and a price, but he is moving to a 301 so it is available should you be interested.
    I have pm you with my email address please do get pictures and price over to me if you can. Thanks

I'm Adam.

up:
    Any redundant 401 / SME 3012 plinths out there?

I'm Adam.

Anything?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast