First please excuse the newbie questions this is only the 2nd cart I have ever fitted I have always, always paid a pro to do it before.

I have just acquired a Micro Ace SL and have managed to fit it to my Ittok but am wondering if I have it at it's optimum with my deck and phono stage. When I first tried to fit it the screws it came with where too long so as I tightened them the plastic body came away well it looked so nice nude I decided to fit it that way first. I tested it with a new LP I have never heard before and it sounded fantastic better than any cart I have ever had to say it put a smile on my face is an understatement.

I had forgot to change the weight from the 2.2 that my old 10x5 used to have and I later discovered that my test LP was 45rpm I had been playing it at 33rpm but it sounded so good by the way my Trichord Dino was set to 100 ohms.

Anyway I decided to give it a try with the body on with shorter screws and it just does not sound as good I have correct weight now at 1.8 the cart is sat slightly forward in the Ittoks head with about the first 1/4 showing and is still set at 100 ohms in the Dino.

I have read that this cart likes the arm's vta to be slightly tail up so should I try this? Also the cartridge tags are a bit loose on the pins would this make a difference? Lastly should I set the cart further back in the ittoks head so it is flush?

Would having the cart nude and that extra weight really have made a difference I have read not? Don't get me wrong this is a lovely cart as it is but it just does not sound as good as it did when I set it up nude.

ps. I played my Mrs one of her favourite LP's and she said it sounded far away it was an old well loved and well played flimsy 80's press in need of a good clean but she said it didn't sound that way before.