+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hermit's stereo

I'm Paul.

Thanks Loz. I doubt I'll ever reach the end of the road but for now I'm very happy and I'm aiming to leave things as they are for quite some time. With regard to 'later in life' I was thinking that when I find getting out of the chair every 20 minutes too taxing, I will look to improving my digital side but for now I'm happy to focus on records.

I'm Paul.

A couple of recent additions:

A trio of NOS Mullard CV4004s from Langrex for my phono stage.

Thanks to diceman (JP) of this parish I'm the new owner of his Audiosector NOS dac. It's a major upgrade to the dac in my Yammie streamer.

I'm charming.

You've had/have some nice gear Paul.

Were the Lockwood Majors a significant step up from the Berkeleys?

I'm Paul.

Thanks Roy. I certainly felt that the Lockwoods were a big improvement on the Berkeleys mainly in terms of midrange clarity and a more natural quality to the bass.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lockies (with 15" MGs) are very seductive and musically beguiling sounding things, Paul. Congrats on owning a truly wonderful pair of speakers. Next time I'm up in Glasgow, I'd love to hear them (and the rest of your gear)

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lockies (with 15" MGs) are very seductive and musically beguiling sounding things, Paul. Congrats on owning a truly wonderful pair of speakers. Next time I'm up in Glasgow, I'd love to hear them (and the rest of your gear)

Marco.
    Thanks Marco. I couldn't agree more about the Lockwoods. You're very welcome to visit any time you're in town. I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool. I'll look forward to that, as there's so much kit you've got that I like!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12