+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yearly allowance

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    you sound clued up grant,if you are can i do anything to reduce my tax on paye?
    lol... if under 45k its only 20%... if more then your a fat cat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Thanks Grant,will def do my homework
    you might get an alowance for payingcosts of care for instance. surprising whats possible although not widely known
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

It's just like in 'The Shawshank Redemption', this thread.

I've been advised to invest money in silver, what do you think, Grant?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's just like in 'The Shawshank Redemption', this thread.

I've been advised to invest money in silver, what do you think, Grant?
    If I might add, I dabble in silver and gold myself.

It’s not really an investment. But protecting wealth, although I’ve made good money buying gold and silver, you never know what the future holds, it could go down as easy as up. But if you buy in small amounts, (under $10K in the US), the government doesn’t receive notice. And you are not taxed on this money, no one can even prove you have it. It’s up to you to protect it, there are companies that store gold and silver for you, but this is suspect, they don’t hold your coins in a box, it’s just in the vault with everyone else’s, much like a bank, they don’t have all of everyone’s stored coins. And it’s expensive, kind of takes the point out of holding precious metals in the first place. So it’s up to you to not be robbed of it. When things get bad, and stuff hits the fan, like it did in Greece, it’s your only defense from being robbed by the banks and the government. And when paper money goes bad, the value of gold and silver will skyrocket. And even if it never does, it’s very easy to convert back into money without being taxed. Personally I’ve never been able to save money, but I have no problem saving my precious metals, I’ve amassed a small nest egg with it, I like having it, I don’t want to loose it, so it’s easy to save. Watch the market, when it dips buy, and when it returns it will offset the sellers commission. Stay away from collectors coins, and high grade pressings, they cost more than “Spot” value and chances are they won’t be worth more than Spot when you sell. Stick with bullion. One of my favorite coins to purchase are British Sovereigns, they usually have a good price, and small commission. Some believe there is more money in Silver, I try to do both gold and silver, half and half.

Hopefully Grant can enlighten us with more info?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

I see.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

As a side line...

If you think that elderly parents, god forbid, may have to go into a care home get them to put their house into 'Tenants in Common' rather than 'Joint Tenants' that way the house won't have to be sold to pay for care.. totally legal and simple to do

I got fed up with all my family saying "It can't be done" etc etc... and it can
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    As a side line...

If you think that elderly parents, god forbid, may have to go into a care home get them to put their house into 'Tenants in Common' rather than 'Joint Tenants' that way the house won't have to be sold to pay for care.. totally legal and simple to do

I got fed up with all my family saying "It can't be done" etc etc... and it can
    That comes with it's own issuse, divorce, bankruptcy for example
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    That comes with it's own issuse, divorce, bankruptcy for example
    True maybe but my parents are well into their 80's so don't think there is much of a risk.. anything but pay for care if needed
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    True maybe but my parents are well into their 80's so don't think there is much of a risk.. anything but pay for care if needed
    Definitely something I'll look into,thanks
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12