+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marco's creepy 1970s movies, selected from YouTube...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool Marco's creepy 1970s movies, selected from YouTube...

Every afternoon during the late autumn/winter months, between 4 and 5pm, just as daylight fades and turns to darkness, I'll be posting details of a creepy, often bizarre, ghost or horror film I'm watching, from the 1970s, when many of that genre were made, selected from the crusty vaults of YouTube...

So why not join me by watching it on the big screen of your Smart TV?

Draw the curtains/turn off the lights, snuggle up beside the fire and pour yourself a glass or cup of something warm and comforting, whilst going back in time to an era where they knew what dark and creepy was all about, without the need for any special effects...

Today's selection from the dank and musty caves of the macabre, is Gargoyles:

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm jamie.

zoltan hound of Dracula is a good one
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers, Townsend Elite rock 2 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS tonearm,Ortofon Cadenza Black,Decca C4E cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Noted. I'll check that out.

Well, Gargoyles was great! In the latter stages, it reminded me of an episode from the original Star Trek TV series, or an old Dr Who. If I'd watched that as a kid, I'd have had nightmares...

Creepy factor: 7

Anyone else got some good reccos for creepy/spooky films from the 1970s?

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm James.

Blood on Satans Claw, available on YouTube but be aware it contains full frontal nudity!!
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

Ok folks, as darkness falls, it's time for today's terrifying titbit from the dustiest recesses of YouTube:

Lock the doors and hide under the sofa - there's A Howling in the Woods.... Muhahahahaha

Marco.

Well, that was interesting!

*Very*70s, in terms of the eerie soundtrack accompanying the film, which is one of the things I love in films from this decade, and that music was used to create tension and suspense, along with a rather 'dark' vibe throughout. Who needs special effects?

Creepy factor: 6

So what will be tomorrow's creepy film? Tune in and find out!

Marco.

I'm Ian.

Have a look at Theatre of Blood, 70s Hammer horror with Vincent Price being creepy and camp at the same time, very entertaining.
    My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/Musical Fidelity X DAC/Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Mordaunt Short Signifer, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Have a look at Theatre of Blood, 70s Hammer horror with Vincent Price being creepy and camp at the same time, very entertaining.
    Bought the DVD recently. I've seen it a couple of times. Some reckon it's Vincent Price's best film, could be right.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Good shout, Ian. Not watched that one for ages!

Trying to explore some of the more obscure stuff now....

Marco.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    I watched that when I was young at a friends house on a sleepover, it terrified the life out of us.
    Roksan Radius 5, with Linn adikt and Michell Tecnoweight
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast