+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement for the Karik?

I'm Mike.

Default Replacement for the Karik?

I've had a Linn Karik for many years now and am VERY happy with it. Trouble is, I'm getting nervous about the thing breaking: I hear that the transport is impossible to replace if it goes wrong.....? So, what do you think: Keep it until the fateful day or sell on while it's still working perfectly? If it's the latter, what's out there to consider? Is the recently mentioned Marantz SA8500 in the same category?

All opinions welcome :-)

I'm Martin.

Can't see it fetching more than a couple of hundred if you sold it so as you are happy with it, keep it. You can always buy another working one if it does die. I'm probably tempting fate here but I have dozens of cd players going back 30 years and although some of them have had issues, they have never been anything to do with the mech or the laser.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andy.

The laser is a fairly cheap Hitachi unit that was readily available last time I checked. Linn told me a bunch of nonsense about the mech many years ago when they tried to get me to trade up for an Ikemi, A bit of googling told me otherwise. I'd keep it and buy a spare laser.

I'm Mike.

Cheers Guys. It's going to stay

+ Reply to Thread