+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decca curse?

I'm Alan.

Seconded for ZYX, though to be fair I can certainly tell excellent and mediocre productions on my ZYX

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Sort of like comparing Nigella Lawson with Michaela Strachan
    Love it.

I'm Mike.

I just wish the Zyx Fuji that had me sell off my AT 33PTGII and my Zyx 100 hadn't turned out to be faulty

I'm Alan.

Mike if you want the Z-100 back then I am willing to wait for something to come up.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I just wish the Zyx Fuji that had me sell off my AT 33PTGII and my Zyx 100 hadn't turned out to be faulty
    Yes, that's a pisser. Got a AT33PTGII and the ZYX R50 here and both are incredibly good. I can only imagine how good that Fuji would have been.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Mike if you want the Z-100 back then I am willing to wait for something to come up.
    No you're ok, I wouldn't do that. Don't worry I'll manage to find something, I'm not desperate for a cart just now, the Decca is excellent for me. My comment was a reflection on my stupidity at not checking the Fuji out thoroughly before selling the others.

I'm Dave.

Closest I've found with the dynamics and speed is the Rega Apheta and Rega Ania. Fast, clean, snappy and fun.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Jamie,

Unfortunately the Decca takes no prisoners. I’ve found this to be the case with all Decca’s. I have the Decca Gold and well recorded records sound fabulous and poorly recorded records sound just terrible. However, I guess even the C4e falls into that category.

The problem is, that it digs out all that is in the groove “Good and Bad”.

There may well be other views on the subject and this is only my slant as to why this issue is just so annoying. However, attention to careful setup may improve the matter. VTA / Azimuth / etc.

Sorry.......

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've never had a listen to a Decca but it sounds to me like it must be quite along ways from neutral. Rather than it digging out the good with the bad is it not more likely that it is coloured? The further any system or component gets from accurate, the more it is going to dictate your music choice. I'm reminded of the DPA Renaissance cd player, of which a reviewer said: 'If this is right, it means that everything else is wrong.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've never had a listen to a Decca but it sounds to me like it must be quite along ways from neutral. Rather than it digging out the good with the bad is it not more likely that it is coloured? The further any system or component gets from accurate, the more it is going to dictate your music choice. I'm reminded of the DPA Renaissance cd player, of which a reviewer said: 'If this is right, it means that everything else is wrong.'
    does accurate = bland Martin
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    does accurate = bland Martin
    Only if the recording/music is bland.

it is just that as soon as I see people blaming the recordings and not the equipment, my spider-sense tingalings.

I could be completely wrong of course.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast