+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Late introduction

I'm Malcolm.

Default Late introduction

Hello to everyone, I have been registered on here quite a while but didnt do an intro.
    I now live in a small house so I am mainly headphones and got rid of my big amps and floor standing speakers a few years ago. Im retired and have been working up to what I have since the mid 80s. As it is now...Inspire Eclipse /SME M2 12R record deck, Musical Fidelity Nu Vista CD, John Wood valve headphone/pre amp, Quad QSP power amp Harbeth 30.1 speakers. Senn HD800 , Hifiman HE 6, Audeze LCD3 (which I am about to sell) headphones. Cost a fortune but spread over the years hasnt been so bad, and I dont spend on cars more than whats needed.Into rock and female vocalists , the girls are really good these days all trying to compete with Adele and I dont know why, her last album is so over engineered I just cant listen to it.(moan moan) As if her voice needs that anyway.
    Also have Nakamichi CR7 and a Dragon, just had them both serviced at B&W just under a grand, but they are superb, copied a lot of my records which are now stored at my sons house, dont have the room here. Analog is fabulous but when you get old and downsize and you have a couple of thousand LPs where do you keep them, now that I have bought a Hallway to live in

I'm Geoff.

Hi Malcom. A belated welome from me.

Where have you been hiding? Anyway, there's lots going on and everybody is friendly, so just join in and chat with us.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm gone.

Hi Malcolm and welcome.

It sounds like you have a lot of hifi and music experiences to share. Feel free to join in and give us the benefit of your journey so far!

I'm Grant.

hi Malcolm.. a welcome from me too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Malcolm.

Thanks for the welcome. I am no expert on the electonics side, I only know what I hear, I firmly believe your ears will tell you. I struggle to hear much differences with cables/intertconnects. Im quite impressed with the Quad OSP I aquired to drive Harbeth 30.1 and it didnt break the bank, Its all smaller now and I dont want a crash bang system in this little house, so small and articulate is the way it is now...and it works fine.

+ Reply to Thread