+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KEF IQ7se opinion

Bigman80 Guest

Default KEF IQ7se opinion

Hi all,

I might have the opportunity to pick up a pair of KEF IQ7se for very sensible money.

Has anyone got any experience with them?

Would be used for hi-fi only.

Ta

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Ooh well ... if you can get them at a good price the you should be able to move them on if they don't gel.

I have a suspicion they are going to sound a bit 'hi-fi' compared to your Pioneers, but that's just a guess.

KEF do seem to be pushing the technology, so benefits trickling down to lower price models

Jimbo has heard the LS50 and Blades so maybe can offer an opinion on the KEF approach.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Ooh well ... if you can get them at a good price the you should be able to move them on if they don't gel.

I have a suspicion they are going to sound a bit 'hi-fi' compared to your Pioneers, but that's just a guess.

KEF do seem to be pushing the technology, so benefits trickling down to lower price models

Jimbo has heard the LS50 and Blades so maybe can offer an opinion on the KEF approach.
    Cheers Al, I'm not convinced that it's a forward step so I'll probably leave them for now. Bit close to Christmas to get money stuck in speakers i can't shift if I don't like them.

Reviews are positive mind you.

I'm Geoff.

If you get them, don't go mad with volume levels. There are a few of that series about with blown tweeters, probably overdriven.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm tony.

I have a pair of iq 50s, havent heard the 70s but mine are bright in the treble department.

I love 57s and spendors so it may just be that im a pipe and slippers man!

Hope that helps....

Bigman80 Guest

Cheers guys, I passed them up. A quick session with my Pioneers convinced me I didn't need them regardless of price.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I have a pair of iq 50s, havent heard the 70s but mine are bright in the treble department.

I love 57s and spendors so it may just be that im a pipe and slippers man!

Hope that helps....
    I had the iq30's, I found these bright too,enough to give me headaches
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm tony.

yep probably the most fatiguing speaker ive ever had. Different dacs/amps/cables-tried the lot.
    They image really well and have a great bass and control but the treble is awfull

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Cheers guys, I passed them up. A quick session with my Pioneers convinced me I didn't need them regardless of price.

Your Pioneers would retail for at least a couple of grand if they were still made today. A budget floorstander will never get the better of them. At best it would just be different.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Your Pioneers would retail for at least a couple of grand if they were still made today. A budget floorstander will never get the better of them. At best it would just be different.
    I know you're right, macca. They are (IMO) an incredibly underated speaker.

I am just struggling a bit for space so I looked for an alternative. Sound wise there is no issue whatsoever.

I've convinced the Wife we need to convert the Garage so they will be relocating to another room at some point. May be a while but these Pioneers are going nowhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast