+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone

I'm Kim.

Default Hello everyone

Greetings everyone, I'm Kim from Warwickshire in the UK.

My system: a work in progress! I'm currently rebuilding a LP12 with various Vivid parts, a Cirkus kit, Naim Armageddon, what I think is a Origin Live modded RB250 but with a Michell Technoweight and Goldring 1042. I love my EAR 834P, but am living with a Marantz SR7005 AV amp at the moment. On the digital side, I run a Mac Mini through a M2Tech Young DAC. Main speakers are an old pair of Mission 780 Argonauts - they look a mess, but have been in the family since the late 80s and I must confess that I love them. Next big move will be to separate the AV and music and I deeply covet a tube amp (EAR? They were such a great company to deal with over the 834P), but will probably have to do something about the speakers at the same time.

Music: have spent the evening listening to a couple of William Byrd recordings and digging through some of my Purcell. I love Bach cantatas (Herreweghe in particular), but also 20th C stuff like Adams, Takemitsu, Feldman, Howells and Finzi. Have found my way to John Coltrane in recent years, but my modest vinyl collection is much more recent: Fennesz, Stars of the Lid, Eno, Lali Puna, Notwist, Dntel, Wheat and everything by David Sylvian. I'd like to think I had an open mind about music, but I'm sorry to say I wouldn't recognise a thing that was played on daytime R1 these days!

Anyway, look forward to meeting you.

I'm Dave.

Hi Kim, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum. Radio 1, yep with you on that one.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Grant.

hi Kim. hope you find forum useful. its a friendly place so any questions, just ask.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Kim. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Keep us informed as to how your system develops.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Kim.

Many thanks all!

+ Reply to Thread