+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yet another arm rewire question

I'm gerald.

Default Yet another arm rewire question

Any one got a link to how to rewire the original arm I have had a look on youtube but most of the videos are of phono lead replacements what what wire thats not silly money to replace it with ?

Gerry

I'm Bikram.

What tonearm you have?
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm gerald.

Std sl1210 s arm

I'm Bikram.

I have done from the below tutorial. I am sure you can do that yourself.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...L-1200-Tonearm
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Can’t go wrong with Cardas wire IMO.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Discovery-W...kAAOSwtGNZjdjh
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Hugo.

I’d recommend getting some advice from Johnnie at Audio Origami. Much of the Cardas tonearm wire being sold on eBay etc is strangely stiff, so not necessarily the best thing for a re-wire job. Johnnie’s Cardas wire of the same nominal gauge is much more flexible.

+ Reply to Thread