+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Class D

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Yes, my next project will be an IRS2092 based Class D.
    Funny you should say that. I've just been looking at exactly the same thing on ebay.

I'm Mike.

Have I mentioned how good I think think they are ?

And this from a former Class D nay sayer !
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Lawrence.

Listening to my ice power amp right now, using a TVC as a pre and it sounds bloody good.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

I like class d if done well. It's the future imo
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

It is the future, but the specs are not quite as good ATM.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    It is the future, but the specs are not quite as good ATM.
    But the perceived sound quality can be very good.

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny you should say that. I've just been looking at exactly the same thing on ebay.
    LJM makes some very good sounding boards (based on IRS2092). You can find them on Aliexpress or Ebay. But it is advised to get them from a reputable seller (along, douke, sep). You can even get fully assembled amps like this one with 2 boards, psu and the works for around 200$. Would probably cost more to build one with casing, transformer, etc... though one could possibly save shipping costs if bought disassembled. This guy has nice boards and power supplies (which imho are at least as important as the amp boards themselves.. I would spend more on a good psu than on the amp boards themselves).
    Last edited by r100; 15-02-2018 at 00:16.

I'm Rob.

Spooky, just yesterday I ordered an IRS2092 board (250w per ch 4ohms @60 - 80w vdc) I will use the linear PS I used with the TK2050 which is 40vdc which should make it go loud enough, if not I have a mahoosive tranny that will give me 80vdc
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Svend.

If you don't mind a slight change of subject, I have a question about the reliability/durability of Class D amps. I've heard from a couple of repair techs that they have a high failure rate, much higher than traditional SS amps. And if they fail, say a few years in, replacement parts are usually not obtainable due to redundancy (as with everything digital these days). That means the whole amp is basically fubar. Has this been your experience with these? Or is this technology basically so new that we don't have any long term reliability info as yet? No track record, in other words?

I'm interested in this technology from a sound quality vs. cost perspective - very appealing. But I'm a bit stodgy in that when I buy stuff I do it for the long haul -- buy quality and expect it to last years and years, and make sure it's fixable if something goes wrong.

Curious to know your take on this.

Thanks all!
    Svend

I'm Rob.

If you see a Class D amp described as BTL design (Bridge Tied Load) (maybe they all are - my knowledge is not that extensive) it normally means that if you accidentally touch the L&R speaker connections together when the amp is on it will blow. Some have protection for shorts and voltage overload so in theory they should survive a loudspeaker short.

I suspect that the more you pay the better the design and reliability.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast