Class D for me has been a bit of a mixed bag. I have tried several TA2024 amps that had a certain magic, but only up to a point. Also TPA3116 and TA2020 and others the names of the chips now escape me. I have had a Sure TK2050 board (don't know why they are specified TK when the chip is TP2050) amp for years and just thought of it as a bit of clever confectionery for £30. I have only ever used it with a 12v SMPS for tweeter duties. The board can take a 10 - 36vdc PS. I had a dual linear supply for my bridged Gainclones that gives out 38vdc with a nice stiff 50,000uf of capacitance.

The TP2050 can take a max of 40v, so taking into account variations in the supply (my Belkin regularly reads 250v) I was probably taking a risk, but having rigged it all up and and lit the touch paper it blew me away (well not literally) I tried it with some test speakers. I was given a pair of TEAC small standmounters earlier in the year which came with an all in one unit that had expired. I had tried them when I got them and thought they were ok, but thin and weedy.

I use an MP3 player as a source with a lead from the headphone out. The player goes up to 20 (clearly very LOUD) and I know that when I have used it for testing with other kit that around 10 - 12 is where it starts to get a bit rough. Well, as I went from 12 to 13, 14 and on it had these little TEAC's going way beyond what I would have thought possible. Stonking would be a good adjective.

With a 36v PS into 8 Ohms the board should deliver around 60w. Next is to try it in the main system.