+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another US shooting

I'm Shaun.

LOL, if nothing else, it shows how bloody resourceful the human race is.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It was Texas though, so his killing spree was terminated quite quickly by a civilian who happened to be passing and also had a rifle on him, presumably in the same way that you or I might carry an umbrella.

Also a helpful defence against other current maniac style attacks, with the vehicles or big knives. In the UK all we get to defend ourselves with is harsh language, and be careful what you say though, no 'hate speech' or plod will be nicking you along with the terrorists. Assuming you made it through alive, you being defenceless and all.
    Well said. The authorities in the UK have lost the plot. Been burgled? Sorry, Plods too busy chasing some internet troll.

I'm Martin.

And it is tragically going to happen again and again while people become more desensitised to it. I say that but you know what I mean...if it keeps getting reported and guns are not banned, what are we supposed to feel?

Until Humans realise the truth that a loaded gun doesnt set us free we will continue on in oblivion and misery.

Its a deeper issue in that the world is in a state of perpetual war and conflict is big business for those raking it in.

The sad fact is that they dont care and these events seem to be a price worth paying. It just reminds me that they dont care about my life or your life. We are the commodities and life is cheap for the masses in a modern capitalist system
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 09-11-2017 at 04:53.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    When I was young, teenagers with acid meant something else altogether.
    When I was young it mean't they were taking A level chemistry!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    And it is tragically going to happen again and again while people become more desensitised to it. I say that but you know what I mean...if it keeps getting reported and guns are not banned, what are we supposed to feel?

Until Humans realise the truth that a loaded gun doesnt set us free we will continue on in oblivion and misery.

Its a deeper issue in that the world is in a state of perpetual war and conflict is big business for those raking it in.

The sad fact is that they dont care and these events seem to be a price worth paying. It just reminds me that they dont care about my life or your life. We are the commodities and life is cheap for the masses in a modern capitalist system
    good post
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123