+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: WAD Kel84, Firebottle Plus MM/MC, Mission M77DS

I'm Nathan.

Default FS: WAD Kel84, Firebottle Plus MM/MC, Mission M77DS

A few items up for grabs.
    Collection is preferred but you are more than welcome to arrange your own courier.
    I will pack all items very securely to survive transit.

First up. WAD Kel84. In perfect working order. This has been given the once over in January by John Caswell. (Thanks to Nigel VinylSpinner who arranged this)
    He re-wired and replaced a few caps along with the volume pot as the cabling was a bit of a mess and it had a hiss. See the below link.
    http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum...ead.php?t=7427

£375 PPG let's call it £350 as there is a mark on the top. You can see this in the first picture.

Next is my Firebottle Plus MM/MC Phonostage. Will be supplied with the loading plugs.
    As I said in the last for sale add, the volume knob is only for decorative purposes. The case has tarnished on the top as you can see in the photos and there is a mark on the top. Maybe the heat from the valves caused this. I just thought it looked better next to the Kel84.
    Alan also gave this a once over and updated this to the latest version. This is what he said from the last post.
    This particular unit started life as the standard build and was updated to the Plus specification when returned to me.
    The 'standard' input impedance is 47K ohms (MM) which isn't changed by the MM/MC switch.
    So for loading in the MC mode a loading plug is needed to bring the input impedance down to whatever suits the particular MC.
    Most are specified at 100 ohms but there are some that need a different impedance. Using external plugs gives the flexibility to suit a wide range.
    The Plus has better linearity, slightly higher gain and a lower output impedance.

£300

Lastly is my Mission M77DS surround speakers. I have 2 sets of these and both are in excellent condition.

£55 per pair.

Last edited by nuff; 07-11-2017 at 17:48. Reason: Fixing typo's

I'm Nathan.

Had a PM about a picture on the internal. I will add more as soon as i get home.

Cheers.

I'm Nathan.

A few photos with the bottom off the KEL84 as promised.

I'm Buffet-blower.

I owned a KEL84 a few years ago, and it remains to this day one of the only items which I truly regret selling. If I'd got some suitable speakers for it to drive, this one would be mine.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Nathan.

They are very good Richard. It's just time for a change hence the sale.
    Cheers!

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I owned a KEL84 a few years ago, and it remains to this day one of the only items which I truly regret selling. If I'd got some suitable speakers for it to drive, this one would be mine.
    Yep, totally agree, I really regret selling mine too :-(

I'm Nathan.

WAD KEL84 temporarily removed from sale

I'm Nathan.

1 pair of missions surrounds sold.

Firebottle plus remaining along with 1 pair off mission surrounds.

I'm Nathan.

Weekend price drop on the Firebottle. £285 collected or you can arrange your own courier.

I'm Nathan.

Missions now gone. WAD KEL84 gone.

Firebottle Plus MM/MC Phono still available £285

+ Reply to Thread