+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenuto Platter Mat review

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    famous last words there methinks....
    Oliver will be totally done for the day he gets a listen to a pair of good big vintage Tannoys!

(I keep telling him this, it's going to niggle at him, 'cos he knows he needs to hear some )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Oliver will be totally done for the day he gets a listen to a pair of good big vintage Tannoys!

(I keep telling him this, it's going to niggle at him, 'cos he knows he needs to hear some )
    Geoff, I want to hear big Tannoys, I want to own them just because of how good I think they are. Trouble is, they just won't fit in my room. Maybe when I have converted the Garage it'll be an option. That's some time away though lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

The Cheviots stood on the floor take up little more room than your Pioneers on stands Oliver.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

The Cheviots stood on the floor take up little more room than your Pioneers on stands Oliver.
    I already can't get to the records in the rack mate. Honestly, its capacity at the minute.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I already can't get to the records in the rack mate. Honestly, its capacity at the minute.

Bigman80 Guest

sign:
    It's no laughing matter

I'm Geoff.

You'll have to knock a wall out mate!

Bigman80 Guest

You'll have to knock a wall out mate!
    I know, trying to convince the gaffer we need to convert the garage she does agree I need to get out of the house with the "Stereo"

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Question, whats Jimbo's standard VPI mat made of ?
    Hi Rob, my TT mat is made of sorbathane - you would not it to stand a pot on But it works extremely well. You can imagine the chaps a VPI are not going to build a £2500 turntable and just throw any old mat on it.
    I have tried others but they loose something. The bare platter is good to use as well, folk should consider this as you don't always need a mat!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Rob, my TT mat is made of sorbathane
    I have a sorbothane mat too. Can't use it though, as it leaves smears of oily residue on records.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast