+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenuto Platter Mat review

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    famous last words there methinks....
    Oliver will be totally done for the day he gets a listen to a pair of good big vintage Tannoys!

(I keep telling him this, it's going to niggle at him, 'cos he knows he needs to hear some )

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Oliver will be totally done for the day he gets a listen to a pair of good big vintage Tannoys!

(I keep telling him this, it's going to niggle at him, 'cos he knows he needs to hear some )
    Geoff, I want to hear big Tannoys, I want to own them just because of how good I think they are. Trouble is, they just won't fit in my room. Maybe when I have converted the Garage it'll be an option. That's some time away though lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Rothwell MCX SUT > Wizard MM Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves) > Slagle AVC Passive Preamp > Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves) > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers > Oliver's IC Cables Throughout

I'm Geoff.

The Cheviots stood on the floor take up little more room than your Pioneers on stands Oliver.

I'm Oliver.

The Cheviots stood on the floor take up little more room than your Pioneers on stands Oliver.
    I already can't get to the records in the rack mate. Honestly, its capacity at the minute.

Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Rothwell MCX SUT > Wizard MM Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves) > Slagle AVC Passive Preamp > Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves) > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers > Oliver's IC Cables Throughout

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I already can't get to the records in the rack mate. Honestly, its capacity at the minute.

I'm Oliver.

sign:
    It's no laughing matter

I'm Geoff.

You'll have to knock a wall out mate!

I'm Oliver.

You'll have to knock a wall out mate!
    I know, trying to convince the gaffer we need to convert the garage she does agree I need to get out of the house with the "Stereo"

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Question, whats Jimbo's standard VPI mat made of ?
    Hi Rob, my TT mat is made of sorbathane - you would not it to stand a pot on But it works extremely well. You can imagine the chaps a VPI are not going to build a £2500 turntable and just throw any old mat on it.
    I have tried others but they loose something. The bare platter is good to use as well, folk should consider this as you don't always need a mat!
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / Shure M55e + Jico SAS /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Rob, my TT mat is made of sorbathane
    I have a sorbothane mat too. Can't use it though, as it leaves smears of oily residue on records.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast