+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WTD: Ruark Templar Mk1 or similar, small, sealed floorstanders.

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Hi Charlie, glad you got sorted.
    Not so much sorted as delaying the onset of madness for a Month or two!

I'm Bob.

Because of the dual concentric design, I have found Tannoy's are often less directional than most speakers, so even if the centre of the speaker is lower of higher than optimal you don't lose out as much compared to multiple driver speakers regards placement.

I'm Charlie.

So following the advice of a number extremely helpful AOS members I managed to lift my rather woolly sounding Tannoy DC2000s of the ground a bit.
    I was both surprised and pleased to discover that what I thought were rubber feet on the base of the speakers were actually unscrewable plugs which when undone revealed threaded holes for M6 speaker spikes. Somewhat conveniently I had a few spikes lying around and so when they were fitted I placed the speakers on left over ceramic floor tiles and without counting any chickens it seems to have tidied the bass end of these speakers up considerably. Thanks again for all your brilliant help and advice.

I'm Geoff.

Thought it would help.

You do realise that having other speakers in the room and guitars etc., can 'colour' the sound from your system? They will resonate at certain frequencies, in sympathy with the music coming from the system. I'm not pulling your leg, it's true!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Thought it would help.

You do realise that having other speakers in the room and guitars etc., can 'colour' the sound from your system? They will resonate at certain frequencies, in sympathy with the music coming from the system. I'm not pulling your leg, it's true!
    It is true.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234