+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Ruark Templar Mk1 or similar, small, sealed floorstanders.

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    great choice , friend of mine has built the most massive organ in his room . probably over 20 foot wide and 10 foot high. he uses tannoy dc2000 for the speakers in it and a sub and wow , you should hear it . its unbelievably good .
    I wish I had a massive organ....fnaar, fnaar!

I've been listening to these humble DC2000s all morning, the imaging is just stupidly good on them,
    they have a tendency to sound a tad muddy but that aside I'm really, really enjoying them.
    Bought as a stopgap but who knows, they could be sticking around for quite a while to come the way things are going.

I'm Geoff.

The DC1000 with the single driver images even better. If you find those a bit muddy, get them off the floor a bit.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The DC1000 with the single driver images even better. If you find those a bit muddy, get them off the floor a bit.
    That's a good idea, would floor spikes be enough to tighten them up a bit do you reckon?
    Don't want to lift them too high as that would raise them above my ear level.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma Train View Post
    I wish I had a massive organ....fnaar, fnaar!

I've been listening to these humble DC2000s all morning, the imaging is just stupidly good on them,
    they have a tendency to sound a tad muddy but that aside I'm really, really enjoying them.
    Bought as a stopgap but who knows, they could be sticking around for quite a while to come the way things are going.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma Train View Post
    That's a good idea, would floor spikes be enough to tighten them up a bit do you reckon?
    Don't want to lift them too high as that would raise them above my ear level.
    Spikes may help, but my inclination would be to get them maybe four inches higher. I have my big Tannoys on 9" plinths. Works well.

The central tweeter in the top drive unit should be around ear level, but slightly higher won't hurt.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Spikes may help, but my inclination would be to get them maybe four inches higher. I have my big Tannoys on 9" plinths. Works well.

The central tweeter in the top drive unit should be around ear level, but slightly higher won't hurt.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm Martin.

Cans of soup or beans will do to experiment, just to get a bit of air under them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Cans of soup or beans will do to experiment, just to get a bit of air under them.
    Will tins of Pilchards do? They had an offer on them in ASDA!
    The thing is I don't want to lift the flippin' things up too high as with them on the floor the DC tweeter is at exactly the right height for my lugholes!
    I was thinking perhaps, ceramic floor tile underneath and spikes in the speakers, or would that just be wasting my time?

I'm Martin.

Even 2 inches up should give you cleaner bass. The further you move the drivers from a boundary (wall or floor or ceiling) the less bass you will get. Sat right on the floor doesn't work with a lot of speakers, hard against a wall does work for some.

I used 8 dice as little feet for some speakers once, raised them about half an inch, but it did clean the sound up a little. If you've got a bit of wood in the garage, cut some blocks off that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Hi Charlie, glad you got sorted.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast