Mini review

I asked Paul @ RFC to rework my Reference Level XO's for my 15"MG's. It had been quite some time since I last spoke to Paul and wondered if he'd improved his already excellent XO's. It turns out that he has. My new XO's are not quite to his top spec but Paul says that they are fractionally behind them. That's good enough for me as I've got multiple projects on the go at the moment. The new XO's squeeze an extra 1db efficiency out of the MG's and boy you can tell. The new XO's major on better bass detail, a slightly wider soundstage, a little more cohesion over the soundstage. The star of the show is timbral quality and decay. Cymbal work on Jazz drums has never sounded better in my listening room. The tannoy's have never sounded better and each instrument now seems to have better presentation. Things appear a little more forward on presentation but I've still got the depth of presentation that I'm used to on my soundstage with the Tannoys. I've also noticed improved note decay and attack.

DSCN3378.jpg DSCN3380.jpg

Overall for those of you that already have these XO's, I recommend having a chat with Paul to see if he can freshen up your old XO's.