+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Pimped My Garrard 401

I'm Paul.

Default I Pimped My Garrard 401

For those that remeber me, I still have it and the slate plinth and the Rega arm and the Rohmann cartridge. Just never felt the need to upgrade but did feel the need to pimp it up a little.

Proper retro-tastic

Sorry pics a bit rough, it was done with the iPad.

This is the rest of the system - Pioneer active monitors, CA X301 sub, just to underpin the monitors a bit, QNAP NAS, Raspberry Pi with Volumio (the funny red mark is the reflection from the Piís LED shinning under the little decretive box and at the moment I am using a Tascam USB interface as a DAC due to it having balanced outputs that nicely match the monitors balanced inputs. You will also see the audiophile grade dogs bone and Yoda guarding right speaker.

All geared to music, I donít really do home cinema.

[/url]
    ~Paul~

I'm AnDreW.

WOW! Neat, I like it.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Mega Modded) DAC Caiman SEG+Anker PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 MatTeunto GunMetal Bearing SPH Plinth Moldovan Arm SME 3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU NSC MCAg Meister SPU/DECCA Maroon CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker3mm2Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Paul, nice to see you around again, liking the TT.
    There are times when you canít do the sensible thing, when you canít act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But whenís that ever stopped us?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Wow - that's certainly different, Paul!

I *think* I like it... You've certainly chosen the right colours - and I love anything orange... However, the nicest thing there is your sideboard. Now that is class (and very retro, too)!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Wow - that's certainly different, Paul!

I *think* I like it... You've certainly chosen the right colours - and I love anything orange... However, the nicest thing there is your sideboard. Now that is class (and very retro, too)!

Marco.
    Cheers, I think the sideboard was from M&S, or could have been Next. Bloody heavy thing it is.
    ~Paul~

I'm Jack.

Default Aesthetics and tradition..

Not for me..

I'm Loz.

Nice set up Paul. The Garrard is lovely in my opinion. A bit Mondrianesque.
    Thorens TD160. Denon DL-110. Arcam DV137. RPI with Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC and Chromecast Audio.
    Firebottle +. Arcam Delta 60. Adam Audio Artist 5 and Kef Reference 103. MS Audio/Klotz MC5000 and Fisual Hollywood Dark Twist.

I'm Grant.

pretty good pics for ipad. y one has a crap camera.. nice system layout
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Daman.

A pair of Wharfedale Rosedale
    a pair of unused Magneplanar MG1.4

Fisher X-100-A and Fisher X-101-B Integrated amps

Thorens TD-321 with SME 3009R (Shure M91ED/Jico N91ES SAS)
    Rega Planar 3 with Rega R200 (Shure V15VxMR/Soundsmith re-tipped stylus)

NAD C565 BEE CD Player
    Cambridge DAC Magic Plus

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread