+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on where to fit power in plug

I'm Chris.

The socket is known as a Marushin. where to fit it is probably best where it can fit well on the rear panel and is not interfering with other cables or mechanisms, also where panel thickness allows. . Start with a 6mm bit then a 10mm then a 13mm and finally a 16mm. Thank yourself you are not drilling XLR style sockets as these are 20- 22mm

If it is a DC fitting you are doing, be aware of DC polarity. A fail safe is to install a forward biased diode like a 1n4004 which is rated to 1 amp of current, or if more current a 1n5404 which is 3 amps. the makings on these diodes is the silver line shows the cathode meaning the destination end. the diode if forward biased will drop voltage approx 0.4- 0.7v

Hope that helps. / Chris

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    all I want to do fit a socket into the back of my sl1210 for my out board power supply and want to know where to fit it
    I'd fit the socket on the back of the power supply and have the fixed lead coming out of the turntable.

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Nottingham View Post
    I'd fit the socket on the back of the power supply and have the fixed lead coming out of the turntable.
    If you did that the PSU voltage would be on un-shrouded pins, so I'd prefer to see it the other way round. Of course, I don't suppose the voltage is very high, but I'd still prefer it with the PSU voltage on the shrouded connectors.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    If you did that the PSU voltage would be on un-shrouded pins, so I'd prefer to see it the other way round. Of course, I don't suppose the voltage is very high, but I'd still prefer it with the PSU voltage on the shrouded connectors.
    My Timestep works that way. It's not like it's often unplugged. It'll be much more difficult to fit the socket to the turntable I think.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Nottingham View Post
    It'll be much more difficult to fit the socket to the turntable I think.
    Yes, I think it might involve adding a small panel to the turntable.

I'm gerald.

Cheers for the advice i have recased the time step power supply and fiitted a female socket to the back of it.So the deck and power supply can be split I might just fit the lead straight to the board save trying to drill the sl deck.

Thanks for all the advice

Gerry
    Last edited by diviy; 08-11-2017 at 20:22. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12