+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

I'm Chris.

Default Hi

In another lifetime (one of toil and blood) I was a sound engineer. Getting bored with dealing with the caprice of over-egoed guitarists I jacked it in and with it went any pretensions to audiophilia.

Still, one never forgets and living it a flat again I'm putting together a little system with my Tannoy Mercuries and a recently bought Denon Amp - so pretty low range as happens but i like the mercuries. Tannoy was always my monitor of choice (I still have a pair of 8" monitors somewhere).

I'm quite solidly digital these days so have come seeking advice about how to get source material into this system.

But who knows where this might lead....

I'm Bob.

Always a welcome from me to a fellow worshiper at the shrine of Tannoy, I have a pair of Cheviots I bought in 1976 and they still look and sound superb.

I'm Steven.

Depends what your source is, but the Pioneer N70AE is a cracker and fully spec'ed, Spotify, Tidal and Chromecast onboard. The 30 and 50 models also good, depending on the spec you want.

Auralic Aries Mini if you use Qobuz, cheaper and you can get the external PSU as an optional extra.

Unless you go dCS bonkers, streaming is cheap and easy.
    Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm M.

Hi Chris Welcome to AOS

I'm Geoff.

Hello Chris. Welcome to AOS.

So you're getting back into Hi-Fi. Keep us informed as to how you get on and ask for opinions if need be, we have some very knowledgeable folk here.

Classic Tannoys have a big following with members, as does vintage equipment in general.

There's lots of info about digital sounds, as you'll find if you browse the Digital Expressions section.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread